1 Days from$407 p/p in USD
Surrounded by the peaceful waters of Lake Victoria, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is home to 49 orphaned chimpanzees rescued from across East Africa. Take a boat to the island where the main activity is to interact and feed the chimpanzees that have been habituated and resettled here for conservation purposes, an exceptional opportunity to closely observe these fascinating great apes in a unique setting. Before you go to Ngamba Island, you’ll visit Uganda Wildlife Education Centre, located in the zoo, where you’ll see a great many animals including gorilla. On this trip, show some love to the chimps, learn about wildlife and the adrenaline junkies can let go swimming in the lake. What a way to experience Entebbe in a day!
Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Primate Safari
Activities:Walking Safari, Boat Cruise
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 407 per person, based on 2 sharing pax
From USD 362 per person, based on 3 sharing pax
From USD 340 per person, based on 4 sharing pax
From USD 326 per person, based on 5 sharing pax
From USD 318 per person, based on 6 sharing pax
From USD 311 per person, based on 7 sharing pax
- Transport to/from Entebbe
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Uganda Safari Chapter‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Uganda Safari Chapter‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
- Set off from your hotel and head to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center in Entebbe, which is located at the zoo. This is the only zoo in Uganda and we get to see many animals including the gorilla in a protective enclosure
- At 11 am transfer by boat to Ngamba Island where Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located, you may see birds and monitor lizards en route. The sanctuary is home to chimpanzees that have been habituated and resettled here for conservation purposes. Chimpanzee Sanctuary and Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust), an NGO, is responsible for all aspects of the sanctuary. Deeply committed to and involved in both field conservation and community education, we work closely with the Ugandan government and wildlife authorities.
- Breakfast at the sanctuary, followed by a tour of the beautiful island.
- Feeding the chimpanzees takes place from midday to 2 pm, then visit the chimp clinic. Those interested will take part in the food preps.
- In the afternoon, our boat takes us to the equator line where we will see first hand how the forces of the North and South hemisphere battle along this line as you observe how the boat will be pushed by both forces tending to keep it in one position. If clearly observed, when the boat crosses the equator, the boat engine will tend to use a little more energy to beat the equator line.
- The brave and adventurous get to swim at this point and feel the thrill before proceeding with the journey.
- You will be dropped off at your hotel or Entebbe town.