- 3 Days from$300 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
On this group safari experience the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya’s most visited wildlife reserve. You should spot animals at a very close distance – so have your cameras ready as wildlife action takes place without notice! The animal concentration and abundance is second to none here and includes the big five as well as various antelopes, wildebeest, zebra, Masai giraffe, scavengers like hyena and vulture, and much more. You may also see crocodiles and hippos in the Mara River, the crossing of the annual great migration.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Topi, Eland, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Dik-dik, Waterbuck, Oryx, Thomson's Gazelle, Hartebeest, Marine Life
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Hot Air Balloon, Nature Walk, Optional Activities, Village Visit, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:5 years
Daily Departure From Nairobi & Guaranteed Upon Confirmation
- The trip starts in Nairobi, cover the Great Rift Valley Province, the great Masai Mara famous for the annual migration of wildebeest and zebras July to October, and end at Nairobi.
- No minimum or a maximum number of clients required to book Kenya budget safari.
- Solo Traveler, groups, friends all are welcomed and guaranteed to meet other traveling buddies.
- Professional and knowledgeable driver-guide guaranteed.
- Group size to be maintained at 8 clients per safari van.
- Masai village visit
- Balloon ride in Masai Mara National Reserve
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 330 per person
- Accommodations in the tented self contained camp
- Full board, three meals per day while on safari
- Transport in safari vehicle with pop-up roof
- Park entrance fees & game drives
- Pick up from the airport, drop off at airport or Nairobi hotel
- Flights & visas
- Optional visit to Masai village (USD 15 per person, payable direct to the Masai elders in the village)
- Optional balloon ride (USD 450 pp)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Wild Safaris and Travel‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Wild Safaris and Travel‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Pick up after breakfast from your hotel at 0730 am. Proceed to Masai Mara Game Reserve with a stop over at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint, which is about 45min from the city center. Then head to Narok town for lunch after which you will have another 2-3 hours drive on a bumpy road leading to the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, the most visited park in Kenya. Arrive early afternoon and enjoy a late afternoon game drive in the park, which is essentially the northern extension of Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park as an artificial border only separates the two.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Camp
Have an early wake up call at 0600 hrs and after breakfast proceed for a whole day game viewing in the Masai Mara. The Masai Mara is famous for its lion, elephants, leopard, rhino and buffalo that make up the ‘big five’ though luck is essential for spotting leopard and rhino which are rather shy and elusive. After exploring the park you will proceed to the Mara River where the great migration of the wildebeest takes place every year. Lunch will be served here – you are strongly advised not to feed the monkeys which will try to snatch some of your fruits. You will be able to see the hippo pool where with luck you may spot crocodiles basking on the rocks. After lunch proceed for another game drive as you return to the camp at around 1830 hrs.
Dinner and overnight at Mara Camp
On this day you will have a wake up call as at 0600 am and have just a cup of hot coffee and then proceed for the early morning game drive, which may give you an opportunity to see an early morning hunt. Then return to the camp for the main breakfast as you prepare to check out the park. On this morning you will also have an opportunity to visit a Masai Village, be entertained by a Masai dance and buy curios and other items from the village at a reduced cost. Then leave the Mara and head to Nairobi stopping in Narok for lunch. Continue to Nairob, arriving late in the afternoon with a drop off to your hotel.