3 Days from$360 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
This short safari showcases Kenya’s famous Masai Mara Game Reserve, with its tree-studded savannah plains, highest wildlife concentration than any other park in the region, annual wildebeest migration (July to September), Mara River inhabited by wild crocodiles and hippos and optional activities such as a thrilling balloon safari or a visit to a local Masai village.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Hot Air Balloon, Village Visit
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 360 per person
- Accommodation and meals (full board basis when on safari)
- Transport in a shared open roof top van
- Mineral water while on safari
- All park entry fees
- Extensive game drives
- Services of a professional tour guide
- All government levies
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- Tips and other gratuities
- Things of a personal nature
- Optional activity costs (Masai village $20, balloon safari $450)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Jumbo Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Jumbo Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On the first day of this safari; you will depart from Nairobi in the morning and drive to the view point of the Great Rift Valley. After which we will descend to the floor of the rift valley and drive via Narok town to Masai Mara Game Reserve. A game drive is scheduled in the afternoon after check-in and lunch. We will end the day with a delicious dinner in a lodge/camp of your choice where you will stay overnight.
The second day will be dedicated to game viewing and exploring the game reserve’s high concentration of wild animals. You will find enormous herds of grazing animals along with hunters such as the elusive cheetah, lion and leopard hiding amidst acacia boughs on the plains. In the afternoon, a visit to Masai village (optional) can be arranged (extra cost). Here the locals will welcome you with singing and dancing, the sacred ritual that has formed their rich cultural tradition. You will also be able to get a glimpse at the local homes as well as the lifestyle of the Masai people. Afterwards visit the famous Mara River inhabited by wild crocodiles and hippos. The day ends with dinner and overnight stay at your preferred lodge/tented camp.
The last day of our Masai Mara safari will start with wildlife viewing at sunrise. We will be following the animal trails in search of the Big Five and other early grazers. Return to the lodge/camp for breakfast. Check out and enjoy the last game viewing drive on our departure.