- 12 Days from$6950 p/p in USD
- DeparturesApr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Visit some of the best places in Zimbabwe for a truly incredible and well rounded safari experience. On this Ultimate Zimbabwe Safari you will see the spectacular Victoria Falls, search for wildlife in the superb Hwange National Park, stay on the banks of the Zambezi River in Mana Pools then head to remote Gonarezhou National Park with its striking red cliffs. First you will fly into Victoria Falls and be transferred to the fabulous Ilala Lodge. There is a huge array of activities to do in Victoria Falls – from game viewing to high adrenaline activities like bungee jumping – something for everyone! Next head to gorgeous Somalisa Expeditions in Hwange National Park, known for excellent game. Then fly to Mana Pools and your camp Zambezi Expeditions on the banks of the Zambezi River with large walk-in tents and private veranda to watch the world go by. Finally you have three nights in remote Gonarezhou National Park with its red Chilojo cliffs and superb scenery.
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Victoria Falls, Lake Kariba, Hwange National Park, Gonarezhou National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Leopard, Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Hyena, Jackal, Wild Dog, Impala
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Canoe, Boat Cruise, Optional Activities
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Domestic Flight
- Start/end:Start in Victoria Falls, end in Johannesburg
- The magnificent Victoria Falls
- Wide range of activities at Victoria Falls
- Hwange National Park – Zimbabwe’s largest reserve
- Mana Pools National Park – staying on the Zambezi River
- Gonarezhou National Park – red Chilojo cliffs
2021 – 2022 Price Per Person – USD
- From USD 7,140 per person April – May
- From USD 8,655 per person June – October
- From USD 6,950 per person November
Rates are based on two sharing
- Transfer from Victoria Falls Airport to Ilala Lodge
- Ilala Lodge – 2 nights, deluxe room, breakfast and first stock of mini bar
- Transfer to Victoria Falls Airport and flight to Hwange
- Somalisa Expeditions – 3 nights, all meals, non premium drinks, scheduled activities, national parks fees, conservation levy and laundry
- Flight to Mana Pools
- Zambezi Expeditions – 3 nights, all meals, non premium drinks, scheduled activities, national parks fees, conservation levy and laundry
- Flight to Harare and on to Gonarezhou
- Transfer to Chilo
- Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge – 3 nights, all meals, non premium drinks, scheduled activities, national parks fees and laundry
- Transfer to Buffalo range and flight to Johannesburg
- International flights & visas
- Any meals, drinks or activities not specified
- Entry to Victoria Falls rain forest
- Departure tax from Harare per person
- Departure tax per person from Buffalo Range to Johannesburg
- Staff gratuities
- Bank fees
Day by Day Overview
You will be met at Victoria Falls Airport. The transfer company will be waiting in arrivals and they will transfer you Ilala Lodge in Victoria Falls town. This popular tourist town is compact enough to walk around and makes an ideal base for travellers exploring the Seventh Wonder of the World. You’ll be able to enjoy any activities you please during your time here and popular activities include scenic flights over the falls in helicopters or microlights, bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls Bridge, white-water rafting (seasonal), and day trips to Chobe National Park.
Ilala Lodge, centrally located only minutes away from the Victoria Falls, is where you will be staying for two nights. Experience a culinary journey at the lodge’s award-winning Palm Restaurant, which offers a magnificent à la carte menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. [B]
Situated in western Zimbabwe, Hwange National Park is the country’s largest reserve, home to a profusion of wildlife including giraffe, lion, zebra and approximately 40,000 elephants. It provides a sanctuary for all the country’s endangered species including a population of wild dogs thought to be among the most sizeable surviving groups on the continent.
You’ll be chartered by air to Hwange National Park and then to the luxurious Somalisa Expeditions who will be hosting you for the next three nights. Somalisa Expeditions offers one of the most authentic ways to experience this exceptional wildlife haven. Nestled under an incredible grove of Acacias, along the edge of a seasonal flood plain. [FI]
Located in northern Zimbabwe, the life-giving power of the Zambezi River makes Mana Pools National Park one of Zimbabwe’s most lush and flourishing regions. Popular activities here include: game drives, river cruises, nature walks, bird watching, catch-and-release fishing, and searching for dinosaur tracks.
Today you will have a flight to Mana Pools where you will be met by your guide and transferred to Zambezi Expeditions where you’ll be staying for three nights. Zambezi Expeditions offers one of the best ways to experience Mana Pools on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River.
Bordering Mozambique in the southeastern lowveld of Zimbabwe, Gonarezhou, meaning ‘place of elephants’, is Zimbabwe’s second-largest national park. It has striking red Chilojo cliffs as a back drop, winding river beds that are either flowing or dry, and is more remote so you often feel as if you have the place to yourself. Game can be exceptional here but with the lovely views from the lodge you might also fancy a bit of chill time at the lodge enjoying the scenery. The park is home to over 10,000 elephants and highlights include four of Africa’s Big Five, viewing the beautiful Chilojo Cliffs towering over the scenic Runde River valley, bird watching and game viewing. [FI]
Today you’ll fly to Harare and then to Buffalo Range airport (near Gonarezhou). The gorgeous Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge will be home for the next three nights, where you are able to go an game drives and walks on the concession or into the national park. You can also go on walks, have a community visit to the local village, enjoy sundowners on the river bed and have a trip to see the Chilojo Cliffs. [FI]
Sadly this tour must come to an end. Today you will have a transfer to Buffalo Range to meet the international flight to Johannesburg.