- 9 Days from$4410 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This safari takes you to three of the top locations in Zimbabwe: the iconic Victoria Falls, wildlife-rich Hwange National Park and stunning Lake Kariba – it will whet your appetite for this stunning and diverse country and make you want to come back for more! You start with two nights in Victoria Falls to acclimatize and catch your breath. You can be as busy or relaxed here as you wish, there is plenty to see and do, including of course seeing the beautiful Victoria Falls. Ilala Lodge is one of our favorites, the closest property to the Falls themselves. A short flight takes you to Hwange National Park and Somalisa Camp, located in a premium wildlife area. Finally you have a flight to Lake Kariba and Bumi Hills, which is set on a hill with sweeping views of the lake below stretching as far as the eye can see.
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Victoria Falls, Lake Kariba, Hwange National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Leopard, Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Hyena, Jackal, Impala
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise, Optional Activities
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Light Aircraft
- Start/end:Start/end in Victoria Falls
- Luxury 9 day safari around three top areas in Zimbabwe
- See the spectacular Victoria Falls
- Range of activities at Victoria Falls
- Zimbabwe’s largest National Park – Hwange National Park
- Lake Kariba – aquatic and terrestrial wildlife
2021 and 2022 Price Per Person – USD
- From USD 4,410 per person Jan, Feb, Mar, Dec
- From USD 5,150 per person April, May, Nov
- From USD 7,380 per person Jun – Oct
Rates are based on two sharing
- Transfer from Victoria Falls Airport to Ilala Lodge
- Ilala Lodge – 2 nights, breakfast
- Transfer to Victoria Falls Airport and flight to Hwange with departure tax
- Somalisa – 3 nights, all meals, non premium drinks, scheduled activities, national parks and conservation frees, laundry
- Flight to Kariba and Bumi Hills
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge – 3 nights, all meals, non premium drinks, scheduled activities, national parks and conservation frees, laundry
- Flight to Victoria Falls
- International flights & visas
- Any meals, drinks or activities not specified
- Entry fee to Victoria Falls Rain Forest
- Staff gratuities
Day by Day Overview
Resting on the southern banks of the Zambezi River at the western end of the eponymous Falls, this popular tourist town is compact enough to walk around and makes an ideal base for travellers exploring the Seventh Wonder of the World, the unfathomably vast Victoria Falls.
You’ll be met at Victoria Falls airport and transferred to your luxurious, family run lodge, Ilala Lodge, ideally located only eight minutes away from the beautiful Victoria Falls. Activities we recommend here include a sunset river cruise, helicopter flight over the Falls and of course seeing the Falls themselves. You don’t need a guide to walk around the Falls as the paths are clear and well signposted, but we are happy to arrange one for you. Lunch at The Lookout Cafe is a great way to finish with its spectacular views over the gorge. [B]
Situated in western Zimbabwe, Hwange National Park is the country’s largest reserve, home to a profusion of wildlife including giraffe, lion, zebra and approximately 40,000 elephants.
Today will be a transfer to the airport and a flight to Hwange which will take roughly 40 minutes. There you will be met by your guide and transferred to the beautiful Somalisa Camp, located on a private concession within Hwange in an area known for its exceptional game viewing. The camp has the feel of a traditional safari camp but with luxurious finishes. Your activities here will include game drives and walks with the experienced guides. [FI]
The planet’s most voluminous man-made lake, Kariba, is a popular tourist destination, which was created in the 1950s when the mighty Zambezi River was dammed. The lake’s waters are home to abundant wildlife including crocodiles, hippos, fish and aquatic birds, while its shoreline and islands are rich with terrestrial game such as elephant and buffalo.
Today you will have a flight to Bumi Hills where you will be met and transferred to Bumi Hills Safari Lodge. This gorgeous luxury lodge has rooms with private verandas to make the most of the views. It’s a fabulous way to end a safari where you can fill your days with activities or relax and drink in the views from the infinity pool. Enjoy game drives, boat cruises and walks or enjoy a dip in the pool with stunning views of the lake. You can even treat yourself to some spa pampering (additional cost). Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is situated on an extensive wildlife conservation area, home to lion, leopard, big herds of elephant and buffalo, as well as a multitude of different plains game. [FI]
Sadly this tour must come to an end. Today you will have a transfer to meet your flight to Victoria Falls Airport which will connect with the check in for your international flight home.