11 Days from$3500 p/p in USD
Stay on a houseboat in the Okavango Delta to truly experience its scenic beauty, enjoying lazy days exploring the waterways, fishing, game viewing and bird watching. Continue to Chobe National Park where the Chobe River attracts a myriad of wildlife and onto the spectacular Victoria Falls where a host of activities awaits. This safari is a unique and wonderful way to soak up this remarkable part of southern Africa, with its natural wonders and wealth of wildlife. There are some included activities such as boat cruises, game drives and a visit to the unforgettable Victoria Falls.
Safari types:Houseboat Safari, Self Drive Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park, Maun, Victoria Falls
Wildlife:Birds, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, Buffalo, Zebra, Lion, Impala, Crocodile
Activities:Game Viewing, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk, Optional Activities, Fishing
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, Houseboat
Start/end:Start in Maun, end in Victoria Falls/Livingstone/Kasane
- Activities are seasonal – we will ensure that guests are able to experience all there is to offer
- Summertime in Botswana begins in September and lasts till March – this is a wonderful time to view the diverse birdlife the Okavango wetlands are home to
- The winter months bring with it the best opportunities for game viewing – from July to August there is an endless variety of wildlife in the bushveld and wetlands of Botswana. Game viewing is however available throughout the year. Game drives are taken just after dawn and then again at dusk (the most optimal times for game viewing)
- Fishing, birdwatching and other aquatic activities on the Okavango Delta are best experienced during the months from April to November
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 3,500 per person
Minimum 8 pax, max 10 pax sharing
- Travelling costs as per itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- Entrance and park fees
- Accommodation as specified on a sharing basis
- All meals and local drinks
- Road transfers
- Applicable tourism levies, taxes, and all relevant VAT
- Flights & visas
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Premium brand drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Additional activities
- Cancellation, baggage, medical, and evacuation insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Witness Africa Botswana‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Witness Africa Botswana‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Guests arrive at Maun International Airport and are transferred to Thamalakane Lodge, a 20-minute drive from the airport in an idyllic, tranquil setting on the banks of the Thamalakane River.
Enjoy a visit to Tsodilo Hills and a cultural tour on the way to the Delta Belle Houseboat in Shakawe. It departs from here and travels approximately 180km along the Okavango Panhandle to the region of Vumbura for a round trip ending in Sepupa. On this comfortable 5-bed houseboat, lazy days are spent at leisure with a variety of activities to calm, soothe or excite the guests. At night the boat is securely moored at various spots on the river from where you can soak up the spectacular Okavango sunsets. A chef prepares a variety of traditional and succulent dishes from a set menu (please advise of any dietary requirements or needs prior to departure).
A 12-seater tender boat accompanies the Delta Belle for outings to the smaller channels if guests would like to go bird watching, fishing or game viewing from the tenderboat as well as walks on the islands. There are over 350 species of birds to spot on the waterways while the fishing for tiger fish, barbel or African pike is excellent for both experienced or first-time anglers. A certified guide accompanies any excursion.
Once the houseboat has reached its final mooring, you disembark and are transferred to Chobe Safari Lodge on the banks of the Chobe River. The Chobe River forms the northern boundary of the Chobe National Park, renowned for its diverse and abundant game viewing opportunities. This section of the park is best known for its dense concentration of wildlife including elephant and hippo populations, but the waters attract all manner of game including large herds of buffalo and the lions that prey on them. A visit to this area guarantees close encounters with an array of African wildlife. Your stay here includes a sunset boat cruise and game drive.
You will be transferrred from Kasane to the world-renowned Victoria Falls where the day will be spent exploring and enjoying all the activities and beautiful scenery in this corner of Zimbabwe. You stay at Victoria Falls Safari Club which has luxurious rooms with uninterrupted views of the unspoilt bushveld and spectacular sunsets. There is a Club Lounge with complimentary afternoon tea, sundowners and canapes. There’s also a complimentary shuttle bus service to take you into Victoria Falls town and markets. Your stay here includes a trip to the Victora Falls and a sunset cruise. There are also plenty of optional activities to choose from (at additional cost) such as scenic flights, elephant encounters, canoe safari, horse riding and white water rafting,
Transfer to one of the regional airports for your flight – Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe), Livingstone (Zambia) or Kasane (Botswana).