- 1 Days from$200 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Start your voyage from Matlapana in Maun as the sun rises. Explore Botswana’s incredible Okavango Delta by motor boat, observing from your vantage point the wild animals as they descend down to the channels of the delta for their daily fill of water as well as superb bird life. Experience one of the less travelled routes into the Okavango Delta – the Mbaka Delta – which will leave you with amazing memories of this spectacular waterway to share for the rest of your days. The Mbaka Delta voyage can only be undertaken between June and October each year before the water levels in the river go down and it becomes inaccessible.
- Safari types:Cruise Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Okavango Delta
- Wildlife:Birds, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, Buffalo, Zebra, Lion, Red Lechwe, Tsessebe, Impala, Antelope
- Activities:Boat Cruise
- Getting around:Motor Boat
- Start/end:Start in Maun, end in Maun
- Minimum age:8
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 200 per person
- Transfers between Maun & Matlapana boat station
- Guide fee
- Park entrance fees
- Packed lunch
- 4 x 500ml bottled water
- 2 x soft drinks/non-alcoholic beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Gumasema Adventures & Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Gumasema Adventures & Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day Tour Overview
You will be picked from your hotel in Maun by game viewer open vehicle and will be transferred to the boat station at Matlapana. If you are staying within Maun, the transfer to the boat station will take a maximum time of 30 minutes. If you are staying in a lodge in areas nearby Maun such as Komana, Chanoga or Sexaxa. the transfer to the boat station will take a maximum time of 1 hour.
The driver will hand you over to the boat operator who will give you a 10 minutes briefing on safety protocol in the boat, animal behaviour and how you are expected to conduct yourself during the trip.
Along the way look out for animals such as reedbucks, red lechwes, elephants, zebras, tsessebe, hippos, buffalos and crocodiles. In addition, you will also be able to spot birds including different species of herons, jacana, crakes, fish eagles, egrets, kingfishers, geese and ducks.
You will have your lunch at 13:00 hrs by the riverside. A table and camping chairs will be provided for you so that you can relax and thoroughly enjoy your lunch. At 14.30 hrs your trip back to Maun will begin. You will reach Matlapana boat station by 18.00 hrs and will then be transported back to your lodge by game viewer vehicle.