5 Days from$1,043 p/p in USD
Families can enjoy a memorable four night safari in the malaria-free Eastern Cape of South Africa, spending time in two different family friendly lodges, within a short drive from Port Elizabeth airport. The tour starts and ends in Port Elizabeth with road transfers included and is based on 4 star accommodation options which can easily be upgraded to 5 star accommodation.
Safari types:4x4 Safari, Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Kariega Game Reserve, Lalibela Game Reserve
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Port Elizabeth
Price Per Person – ZAR
Peak Season: From R23,905 per adult sharing, R13,195 per child
High Season: From R22,099 per adult sharing, R12,803 per child
Low Season: From R19,688 per adult sharing, R11,597 per child
- Meet & Greet at Port Elizabeth airport
- Road transfer from Port Elizabeth airport to Main Lodge at Kariega Game Reserve
- 2 nights on safari at Main Lodge at Kariega Game Reserve on a full board & activities basis (accommodation, meals, teas & coffees and two game activities per overnight stay)
- Road transfer from Kariega Game Reserve to Lalibela Game Reserve
- 2 nights on safari at Marks Camp at Lalibela Game Reserve on an all-inclusive basis (accommodation, meals, teas & coffees, all local brand soft drinks, beers & spirits and house wine, and two game drives per day)
- Children’s programme available
- Road transfer from Lalibela Game Reserve to Port Elizabeth airport
- International & domestic flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
Day by Day Overview
Upon arrival at Port Elizabeth Airport, you are met by our representative and transferred to your big five game reserve in the Eastern Cape. You bypass the sweeping shores of Algoa Bay in Port Elizabeth. Upon arrival at Kariega Main Lodge, there is time to settle in before departing on your first afternoon game drive in the Kariega Game Reserve. Check in at Kariega Main Lodge is at 14h00.
Kariega Game Reserve is a family-owned and operated big five private safari reserve located in South Africa’s Eastern Cape. The reserve is situated along the Garden Route, making it the perfect South African safari destination to compliment a Cape Town visit and a trip along the country’s beautiful coastline.
This malaria-free game lodge incorporates 10,000 hectares of pristine African wilderness, as well as two abundant rivers – the Kariega and the Bushmans. The reserve offers five safari lodges to suit all needs. Experience close up game viewing of the big five – lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and leopard – as well as multitudes of other South African wildlife from the comfort of an open game drive vehicle.
- Transfer time: Port Elizabeth to Kariega Main Lodge approx. 1 ½ hours
- Accommodation: Main Lodge at Kariega Game Reserve for 2 nights
- Activities included: Daily Safari Programme at Main Lodge in the Kariega Game Reserve
This morning you are collected from Main Lodge in the Kariega Game Reserve and transferred by road to your next big five game reserve in the Eastern Cape. Upon arrival at Mark’s Camp in the Lalibela Game Reserve, there is time to settle in before departing on your first afternoon game drive in the Lalibela Game Reserve. Check in at Mark’s Camp is at 14h00.
Game viewing in the malaria-free Eastern Cape is excellent. The Eastern Cape straddles the meeting point of five distinct biomes (valley bushveld, savannah grassland, fynbos, riverine forest and acacia woodland), resulting in a breathtaking variety in animal and bird species. In addition, the carrying capacity of the vegetation in Eastern Cape game reserves is much higher than that of the Kruger area, so you will find a much higher concentration of animals. The region has some of the most luxurious safari lodges in the country, all seeking to offer discerning travellers the ultimate African adventure that harks back to the golden age of safaris.
Lalibela Game Reserve is a 10,500 hectare Big Five game reserve in the heart of Eastern Cape game country. Lalibela brings you the charm of authentic Africa and is a perfect blend of the formal and informal. This game reserve has three lodges, all offering décor that is infused with the essence of Africa, as well as warm and friendly service, exciting safari cuisine and unforgettable game viewing.
- Transfer time: Main Lodge, Kariega Game Reserve to Mark’s Camp, Lalibela Game Reserve approx. 30 minutes
- Accommodation: Mark’s Camp at Lalibela Game Reserve for 2 nights
- Activities included: Daily Safari Programme at Mark’s Camp in Lalibela Game Reserve
This morning you bid farewell to this African wonderland. After your morning game drive and brunch, you are met by our representative and transferred to Port Elizabeth Airport where you connect with your onward flight.
- Transfer time: Mark’s Camp, Lalibela Game Reserve to Port Elizabeth Airport approx. 1 hour