- 5 Days from$1,606 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Spend four nights in the remarkable Greater Kruger, enjoying two nights in the Timbavati Game Reserve and two nights in the Sabi Sand Reserve, searching for the renowned wildlife with experienced rangers and local Shangaan trackers. This tour is based on 4-star accommodation options and can easily be upgraded to 5-star accommodations. There is a plethora of different private lodges to choose from, catering for all preferences and budget. Single travellers and larger groups welcome!
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Timbavati Game Reserve
- Wildlife:Birds, Big Five, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hyena, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Hoedspruit, end in Nelspruit
Price Per Person – ZAR
From R30,300 per person sharing
- All accommodation
- Meals as specified
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- A professional driver/guide
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Park entry fees
- Conservation levy
- All taxes/VAT
- International & domestic flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips & personal items
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
Day by Day Overview
You’ll be collected from the airport (or hotel). Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged for an extra cost. From Hoedspruit Airport you are transferred by road to the Timbavati Game Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park. You have time to settle in at your lodge before you set off on the afternoon game drive.
The Timbavati, which forms part of the 2 million hectare Greater Kruger National Park, is 14,700 hectares (36,300 acres) and shares an unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park. Here you can track the Big Five, as well as a rich variety of other game such as antelope, zebra, warthog, giraffe and hippo, in the company of an armed ranger and local Shangaan tracker. Bird viewing is spectacular with over 360 recorded species including various eagles, vultures, kingfishers, woodpeckers, buzzards, herons, egrets, owls, weavers. The Timbavati is also home to the world-famous ‘White Lions of Timbavati’.
- Accommodation for two nights: Simbavati River Lodge (includes accommodation, meals and two game drives per overnight stay. Drinks are not included)
- Transfer time: Hoedspruit to Timbavati approx 1 hour
After your morning game drive, you are transferred southwards to your game lodge in the Sabi Sand Reserve, also part of Greater Kruger. There is time to check in before you depart on your afternoon game drive.
Forming part of the Greater Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Reserve has no fences and the wildlife is able to cross freely between the Sabi Sands and the rest of the Greater Kruger National Park. The Reserve is a remarkable natural sanctuary known for its exceptionally high concentration of animal and bird life. Close encounters are guaranteed as the animals are not threatened by the presence of vehicles thanks to sound conservation management policies. Safaris are led by experienced rangers coupled with local Shangaan trackers. With exceptional sightings of leopard (usually the most elusive of cats), lion, rhino, elephant and buffalo during game drives – visitors are never lacking in exciting photographic content.
- Accommodation for two nights: Notten’s Bush Camp (includes accommodation, meals, two game drives per overnight stay, a guided bush walk, selected local branded drinks)
- Transfer time: Timbavati to Sabi Sand approx 3 hours
This morning you enjoy your last game drive before bidding farewell to this African wonderland. You are transferred to Nelspruit Airport for your flight to Johannesburg where you connect with your international flight home.
- Transfer time: Sabi Sand to Nelspruit Airport approx 2 hours.