12 Days from$7200 p/p in USD
DeparturesJan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Nov, Dec
Guided, Small Group
Luxury, Mid Range
This safari concentrates on seeing Africa’s big cats and their relationship with their environment, as well as other wildlife to provide an all encompassing #bigcatshow. The journey starts in Samburu Game Reserve then to the slopes of Mt. Kenya at Solio Wildlife Sanctuary before heading to the Great Rift Valley’s Lake Nakuru National Park and concluding at the home of big cats – the great plains of Masai Mara National Reserve.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Photo Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Maasai Mara, Samburu, Lake Nakuru
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi - Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Experience three of the most iconic destinations in Kenya
- Small group therefore managing each individual expectations
- Experience two days in private Solio Wildlife Sanctuary with rhinos and lions
- Five days in the world’s best safari destination – the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Recap session on the last night of the safari
- No single supplement
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 7,200 per person
- No single supplement
- No seasonal variations
- 10% discount for groups of 3 or more
- Free photography support on safari
- All accommodation as per the itinerary
- Full time disposal safari 4×4 customized Land Cruiser (max 3 people per vehicle)
- Two local flights
- Private English Speaking Photographic Safari Guides
- Airport transfers during the safari.
- Mineral drinking water in the vehicle
- National Park fees and conservation charges
- International flights
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Hot air ballooning
- Cultural village visit
- Gratuities and tips
- Extra activities
- Personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Wild Extracts Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Wild Extracts Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Upon arrival at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you’ll be met by Wild Extracts team and taken to your hotel for your first night. After check-in you will be briefed about the safari programme.
Overnight at Eka Hotel [HB]
Three days will be spent here as we try get a glimpse of the lions, leopards and hundreds of elephants in the reserve. The conservation of African elephants here has proven to be so successful and it will be a chance to view them up close alongside our mission to see big cats.
Overnight: Samburu Intrepids Camp [FB]
After breakfast in the Samburu Reserve, we will start another exciting journey to the foothills of Mount Kenya. Solio Wildlife Conservancy is renowned for its successful efforts in the conservation of the black and white rhino. It is one of the highest populated areas with rhinos as a single unit in Africa. As well as rhinos, the conservancy has healthy prides of lion, buffalo and hundreds of species of birds, all with the backdrop and amazing views of Mount Kenya.
Overnight: Rhino Watch Lodge [FB]
A short drive takes us to the floor of the Great Rift Valley. Lake Nakuru is one of the salt water lakes in the Rift Valley known for its biodiversity, from bird watching to aquatic species there is so much here. Big game such as rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard thrives here in numbers and this is a great opportunity to photograph birds – it’s known as a birdwatchers paradise with over 400 species recorded. Both lesser and greater flamingos used to be in big numbers but due a natural phenomenal the water has changed thus reduced the population but they are still here in good numbers.
Overnight: Flamingo Hill Camp [FB]
After the lake adventure, we head to south west Kenya for the climax of the safari in the world famous Masai Mara National Reserve. We will spend the next five days here aiming to get the very best from this amazing destination. It’s the home of the big five, cheetah, hippo, crocodile plus much more game and bird life. The Masai Mara is a year-round destination unless you specifically come to witness the great migration.
Overnight: Mara Bush Camp [FB]
After an early morning game drive, we depart for Nairobi where you will be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight.