- 10 Days from$1715 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Budget, Mid Range
Arunachal Pradesh is the north-eastern-most state in India. Home to a remarkable wealth of birdlife in national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, valleys and forests, this region is a birder’s paradise. The abundance of species includes the very rare white-winged wood duck in Nameri National Park. Other species include white-cheeked partridge, hornbills, oriental hobby, amur falcon, silver-backed needletail and long tailed broadbill. At Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary species include brown parrotbill, bar-winged wren babbler, spotted laughing thrush, yellow-bellied blue magpie, Ward’s trogan and fire-tailed myzornis. The itinerary also includes a visit to the Tipi Orchid Centre, a glass house with over 7,500 orchids, and the scenic town of Dirang.
- Safari types:Birding Safari, Guided Safari, Jungle Safari, Wildlife Safari
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Guwahati , end in Guwahati
- Visit Nameri National Park – Home to the Great Hornbill
- Walk through the jungle of Nameri
- Explore Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary
Rates – Rupee
From Rs 240,000 for 2 paying pax (1 x double/twin room)
Rates valid until 30 April 2019 – please contact us for 2020 rates
No. of vehicles that will be used: 2 paying pax + 1 Purvi escort = 1 vehicle (Tata Sumo/Scorpio/Similar)
Nights 1 & 2: Nameri: Nameri Eco Camp (Non AC Tented accommodation)
Nights 3, 4 & 5: Dirang: Norphel Retreat (Standard Delux Non AC room)
Nights 6 & 7: Lama Camp (Non AC Tented accommodation – Basic)
Night 8: Bompu Camp (Non AC Tented accommodation – Basic)
Night 9: Wild Mahseer Tea Planters Bungalow either at Silver Tips, Ambrosia, Golden Tips or Second Flush Bungalow (AC room)
Please note – some accommodation and other facilities are very basic. Bompu Camp is run on Genset and hence electricity may not be available for 24 hrs with limitation of charging facilities. Guests are requested to carry extra batteries for their cameras and other gadgets.
- Accommodation at hotels listed below (based on twin sharing)
- All meals starting from lunch on the day of arrival and ending with breakfast on day of departure
- Entry fees, monuments fees, parking fees, road taxes, village visits and local sightseeing as per itinerary
- All land transfers (driver will be non English speaking)
- Park entry fees, jungle walk at Nameri National Park & Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary
- Processing charges of Protected Area Permit to visit Arunachal Pradesh
- Services of accompanying English speaking escort from arrival until departure
- All applicable taxes
- Air or train fares
- Meals other than those mentioned in the Inclusions above
- Any camera/video camera fees
- Expenditure of personal nature (e.g. tipping, telephone/fax calls, laundry, portage, alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, medical expenses, room service orders, snacks or refreshment etc)
- Other expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances
- Any changes/new tax imposed by the Government
- Supplement charges if charged by a hotel during Christmas, New Year period, festival time
- Any other services not mentioned in the Inclusions above
Day by Day Overview
Arriving at Guwahati airport you’ll be met and driven to Nameri National Park (210 kms/ 5 hrs). On arrival check in at Eco Camp for 2 nights.
Nameri National Park is located on the banks of the River Jia Bhorali on the northern side of the Brahmaputra. Situated on the foothills of the great Himalayas, it is tiger and bison country, with deciduous forests next to the flowing Jia Bhorali River. Nameri is famous for its sizeable population of the very rare white-winged wood duck. Other interesting birds to be found here includes white-cheeked partridge, great-, wreathed- and rufous-necked hornbills, oriental hobby, amur falcon, Jerdon’s and black baza, Pallas’s, grey-headed and lesser fish eagles, silver-backed needletail, long tailed broadbill, long-billed plover and ibisbill. Apart from these a number of forest birds like pygmy woodpeckers, woodpeckers, orioles, barbets, thrushes and more as well as 6-7 species of bulbuls which can easily be seen in a day.
Note: No elephant or jeep safari facility is available at Nameri National Park.
Nameri National Park is open from 1st Nov to 30th April only.
Full day birding in the remarkable Nameri National Park.
Leave early for the drive to Dirang (210 kms/7 hrs), the sub–divisional headquarters of West Kameng district situated (4,900 ft) between Bomdila and Tawang. Steeped in scenic beauty, Dirang is situated in the valley of River Kameng and is inhabited by the Monpa tribe. En route visit Tipi Orchid Centre, a glass house with over 7,500 orchids (blooming season April & May). Overnight at the hotel.
Early morning drive to the Mandala area (32 kms/full day), where we can find coal tit, brown parrotbill, bar-winged wren babbler, fulvous parrotbill, spotted laughing thrush, red crossbill, chestnut thrush, spotted laughing thrush, dusky thrush, spotted nutcracker, russet sparrow and black-faced laughing thrush. Drive back to the hotel for lunch before heading to Sangti Valley, the winter home of the migratory black-necked Siberian crane, common kestrel, long-billed plover, ibisbill, little forktail, wegge-tailed green pigeon, speckled piculet, brownish-flanked bushwarbbler, russet bushwarbler. Evening drive back to hotel.
After breakfast you will drive to Bompu Camp, located inside Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary (5-6 hrs). Overnight Bompu Birding Camp.
Enjoy a full day birding in Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary. Species include brown parrotbill, bar-winged wren babbler, spotted laughing thrush, lesser shortwing, golden fulveta, Nepal fulveta, yellow-bellied blue magpie, Ward’s trogan, fire-tailed myzornis, broad-billed warbler, plain-backed thrush, wedge-billed wren babbler, rufous-throated wren babbler, brown bullfinch. Overnight Bompu Birding Camp.
After breakfast drive to Lama Camp stopping en route for birding at Sunderview. Overnight Lama Birding Camp.
Spend the morning birding around Lama Camp. Later drive to Balipara, Tezpur (7 hrs) and check in at one of the Bungalows of Wild Mahseer Tea Planter Bungalow, either Silver Tips / Golden Tips / Second Flush / Ambrosia Bungalow. Overnight at the Bungalow.
Transfer to Guwahati airport (5 hrs) for your onward flight.