10 Days from$2,340 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
The upper reaches of the Spiti Mountains are home to the most elusive big cat in the world – the snow leopard. The beautiful, regal animal, identifiable by its thick fur and long, fluffy tail, lives in solitude in caves and dens for the majority of the year. Lucky for us, this endangered feline can be spotted in the Kibber National Park during winter months, when they come out of their habitats for the warmth of the sunlight. “World within world” as Rudyard Kipling described it, Spiti Valley is known to be one of the most beautiful and picturesque locations in the world. In winter, valleys get cut off from the rest of the world due to thick snow cover and the roads to Spiti are known to be among the most treacherous roads in the world. Spiti’s border start at Samdo [74 km from Kaza] which is quite near to the India-China border. In summer it can be reached via Manali through Rohtang pass and Kunzum pass. Due to high elevation, one is likely to feel altitude sickness in Spiti.
Safari types:Guided, Mountain Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Spiti Valley, Kibber National Park
Wildlife:Birds, Snow Leopard, Ibex, Red Fox, Bharal
Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, 4x4 Tour
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, 4x4 Vehicle
Minimum age:18 Years
About Spiti Valley
The Spiti Valley is a cold desert mountain valley located high in the Himalaya mountains in the north-eastern part of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name “Spiti” means “The Middle Land”, i.e. the land between Tibet and India. The local population follow Vajrayana Buddhism similar to that found in the nearby Tibet Autonomous Region and the Ladakh region of India. The valley and surrounding region is one of the least populated regions in India and is the gateway to the northern most reaches of the nation. Along the northern route from Manali, Himachal Pradesh or Keylong via the Rohtang Pass or Kunzum Pass respectively, the valley lies in the North East of the Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh, and forms part of the Lahaul and Spiti district. The subdivisional headquarters (capital) is Kaza, Himachal Pradesh which is situated along the Spiti River at an elevation of about 12,500 feet (3,800 m) above mean sea level. Manali is 201 km away from Kaza headquarter of Spiti subdivision.
Price Per Person – INR
7 pax group per pax cost: INR 195,000 + 5% tax
Single room supplement: INR 42,000 + 5% tax
- Twin sharing accommodation at Luxurious Heritage Hotel at Rampur with dinner
- Twin sharing accommodation at Kaza and Kibber in comfortable home stays (rooms have heaters, hot water bags in the bed during night)
- All meals at Kaza and Kibber during stay
- Chandigarh to Rampur and Rampur to Chandigarh road transfer – 10/12 seater traveler into 2 exclusive vehicles
- Rampur to Kaza to Kibber and Kibber to Rampur road transfer – 10/12 seater
- Traveller into 2 exclusive vehicles (Kaza to Kibber, Sumo or similar 4×4 vehicles if required)
- 2 exclusive 12 seater Tempo Traveller/Similar for local transfers at Kibber during sightings
- All wildlife permits
- Exclusive porter per participant to carry camera equipment and bags
- Expert team of trackers for snow leopard tracking.
- Entry Permit for Spiti + Village Fees/Community Fees
- Kibber National Park Entry fees for individual for the duration of the stay in Kibber
- 4×4 vehicle backup in case of evacuation during emergency
- Inner Line permit required for foreigners
- Oxygen cylinder availability for emergencies.
- Camera fees at Kibber
- Flights & visas
- Train fares
- Tips and gratuities
- First day stay at Chandigarh on the day of arrival (optional)
- Any additional services/expenses used other than mentioned
- Extra meals, beverages other than mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Any increase in entry/permit fees
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Just Nature Expeditions‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Just Nature Expeditions‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Start from Chandigarh in the morning, departure for Rampur. Rampur is a night halt station, accommodation at Luxurious Resort/Hotel. Departure from Chandigarh will be at 7.00 am. We highly recommend that guests come in one day prior and stay in the same hotel so that they can assemble on time at 7 am. Recommended hotel will be Park Plaza Chandigarh Zirakpur.
Dinner & overnight stay at Rampur
Early morning departure for Kaza at 6.30 am. You will have 3 stops on this journey as it’s a really long and scenic journey, you might feel tempted to stop at various corners to click photos, but reaching on time will be a priority. Arrive at Kaza and check in to comfortable homestay rooms with heaters. We might stay at Tabo instead of Kaza as per the availability of suitable homestays and rooms.
Dinner & overnight stay at Kaza
Have a relaxed morning in Kaza, After a breakfast, walk through the market, and then depart for Kibber. On the way to Kibber, you will see the Ki- Monastery. Continue further up the road to reach our destination – Kibber Village. Here you will be assigned to your rooms, and given a brief orientation of the team who would be with you, on field and in the hotel. The Red Fox will be your home for the next few days. On this day you would be requested to take complete rest as the coming days would involve extreme trekking in snow and at a high altitude.
Dinner & Overnight stay at The Red Fox, Kibber
Start your days early in morning, after breakfast you leave hotel, to explore nearby regions. The entire region surrounding the village is snow leopard territory. In this region you have high chances of observing and spotting other wildlife such as bharals, ibex, red fox, golden eagle, Himalayan griffons, many different bird species. On all of your trekking days your warm lunch will be brought on field.
Dinner & overnight stay at The Red Fox, Kibber
Start early in the morning from Kibber and reach Rampur by night 8.00 pm. Stay in a Hotel/Resort at Rampur.
Dinner & overnight at Resort at Rampur
Depart for Chandigarh, arriving by 4.00 pm. Drop to your hotel/station/airport at Chandigarh. Expedition Concludes. Please ensure your onward connection from Chandigarh is booked after 5.00 pm.