- 5 Days from$3400 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec
Visit the Ndutu area in Ngorongoro Conservation Area bordering Serengeti National Park on this safari. Famous for the calving and migration of over 2 million wildebeest and zebra, it’s the starting point of the great migration. Predators flock to this area, preying on the young and weak among the group. You’ll be wowed by the greatest concentration of plains game and predators in one area.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Elephant, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Minimum age:3 yrs
- Enjoy authentic interactions with the Maasai
- See big cats & more animals than you thought possible
- Marvel at the greatest show on earth: the wildebeest migration
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 3,400 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national entry fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- Free Maasai Boma Visit
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Moonlight Tours Expedition‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Moonlight Tours Expedition‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be warmly met upon arrival at the airport with our traditional, unique and special welcome (champagne, hot/cold towels and presentation of authentic safari hat and souvenirs). Then you’ll be transferred to your hotel in Arusha.
After morning breakfast, depart to Ngorongoro Conservation Area on your way to Ndutu Safari Lodge with game viewing en route. You will pass by Oldupai Gorge at west Ngorongoro crater where hominid footprints are preserved in volcanic rocks 3.6 million years old and represent some of the earliest signs of mankind in the world. There are three separate tracks of a small brained upright walking early hominid, imprints of which are displayed in the Oldupai museum.
Enjoy your breakfast and depart fora full day game drive in Ndutu. You will come across a canopy of giant acacia overlooking a soda lake, Lake Ndutu. Animals like wildebeest, giraffes, zebras, buffalos, elephants, lions and gazelles are found in this area. Walking along Lake Ndutu you will come across flamingos. All meals and overnight at your camp. If you are wishing to enter the Serengeti on this side, you can pay an additional park fee of US$73 per person.
Early departure and head out to Ngorongoro Crater for a crater tour with lunch at a picnic site. Early afternoon drive to Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport for flight home.