- 10 Days from$3500 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This is a great budget camping safari in Tanzania taking you to Arusha, Tarangire and Serengeti National Parks, Lake Natron and Ngorongoro Crater. There’s a chance to see the ‘Big Five’ and many other animals on game drives as well as a walking safari for an amazing up-close experience
- Safari types:Big Five Safari
- You will visit:Ngorongoro Crater
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari
- Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kilimanjaro airport
- Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania
- Day 2: Arusha – Arusha National Park
- Day 3: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
- Days 4-5: Lake Natron Safari
- Days 6-7: Serengeti National Park
- Day 8: Serengeti National Park to Ngorongoro Crater
- Day 9: Ngorongoro Crater back to Arusha
- Day 10: Departure
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 3,500 per person
- All accommodation during safari
- A professional driver/guide
- All-mountain trekking equipment
- All transportation
- Camping equipment
- Daily drinking water
- Daily meals
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- Pre and post-program accommodation for 2 nights
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Items of personal nature
- International airfares
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Foot Slopes Tours & Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Foot Slopes Tours & Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be picked up at Kilimanjaro or Arusha airport by our company representative with a private transfer to your hotel. You will meet with our tour consultant for a safari briefing later then continue the day at leisure in your hotel.
Overnight: Arusha Hotel
You will depart from Arusha town in the morning with your private guide and travel to Arusha National Park, a short 40-minute drive, where your budget safari in Tanzania begins. Your day trip includes a visit to the Ngurdoto Crater which is also known as the “Little Ngorongoro”. At Momela Gate an armed ranger will be waiting to accompany you on a walking safari that will give you the chance to experience the wildlife up close. Only a few other national parks in Tanzania give you such an opportunity and it’s something that should not be missed. After a delicious picnic lunch, you will continue your safari within the Arusha National Park. In the evening you will return to Arusha for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Overnight: Arusha Hotel
After breakfast at the hotel, you leave early to Tarangire National Park. This is the third largest park in Tanzania and is characterized by the amazingly large herds of elephants that can be encountered in this park. The baobab trees are one of the other highlights of Tarangire and the Tarangire River that flows all year round is the lifeblood of the park. Many animals, predators and the prey alike, gather around the river where you can do excellent game viewing.
Dinner and overnight: Fanaka Campsite
After an early breakfast, you will drive to the famous alkaline Lake Natron. This lake is the world’s only breeding ground for 15 million lesser flamingoes. You will watch the flamingoes, learn about the surrounding environment, hot springs, sundowners, waterfalls, mountains, and many more activities.
Dinner and overnight: Lake Natron Kamakia Campsite
Early breakfast then with your picnic lunch drive to famous Serengeti National Park via Klein’s Gate with a game drive en route. This is a great chance to see much wildlife including lions, elephants, buffaloes, leopards, hippos, zebras, wildebeests, cheetahs, hyenas and Thomson gazelles just to mention a few. Enjoy afternoon game drives before heading to the campsite in the evening.
Dinner and overnight: Serengeti Seronera Nyani Campsite
You will have an early morning game drive in the Serengeti before heading back to the campsite for brunch. Your driver and cook will load everything on the top of a safari jeep before you continue with your game drive on the way to Ngorongoro Crater. You will be in Ngorongoro Crater late in the evening where the night will be spent on the crater rim.
Dinner and overnight: Ngorongoro Simba Campsite
Today, you will have early breakfast and proceed directly to the crater floor for a 5-6 hour crater tour with picnic lunch. Here the ‘Big Five’ live as well as plenty of other wildlife and numerous birds. Later, you will proceed back to Arusha in the evening.
After breakfast in the hotel/lodge, we will transfer you to the airport either at Kilimanjaro/ Arusha airport. This will be the end of your tour and safari with us.