- 4 Days from$1050 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This is a private Tanzania camping safari for 2 to 4 people travelling in 4WD Land Cruiser with photographic roof hatch and window seats for everybody. Visit Lake Manyara, one of the most dramatically located wildlife areas at the base of the Great Rift Valley’s western escapement with a huge shallow salt lake covering almost two-thirds of the park; Serengeti National Park, the heart of ‘wild Africa’ with its endless rolling plains, beautiful scenery and wealth of wildlife; and Ngorongoro Crater where the remarkable wildlife is supported by a year-round supply of water and food and is one of few places in the world where you can find black rhino in their natural habitat.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Family Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara NP, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Eyasi
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Wildebeest, Baboon
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:8
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,050 per person
- Arrival & departure transfers
- 1 night accommodation in Arusha at Planet Lodge or similar on B&B basis
- 3 nights in canvas tents with mattress & pillows (bring your own sleeping bag)
- Chef & all meals
- Transport in modified 4WD Land Cruiser
- Service of a professional local English-speaking safari driver guide
- 1.5 lt of mineral water per person during game drives
- All game drive & activities as per itinerary
- All park fees including VAT
- Flights & visas
- Sleeping bags (can be rented in Arusha on arrival)
- Gratitude for safari driver & cook (please tip separately)
- All items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast at your lodge your driver guide and chef will meet you for the drive via Arusha to Lake Manyara National Park. Rich and varied habitats in this park attract a wide variety of animal species which includes herds of buffalo, zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, warthog, African elephant, the famous Lake Manyara tree-climbing lions and countless numbers of flamingos attracted by green algae in the Lake. A packed lunch will be served inside the park. In the afternoon drive across the Great East African Rift Valley where you can stop for some nice picture of Lake Manyara and its forest before start your way to Lake Eyasi.
On arrival at Lake Eyasi you will visit the Datoga tribe who are “blacksmith”. Accompanied by a local guide you will go around their homes to experience their livelihood and meet members of the family. Later you will visit the blacksmith followed by a sunset walk on the lake shore before going to your campsite for dinner and overnight.
- Overnight at Bushman Campsite close to the lake. All meals included.
- Distance: 120 km
- Non game viewing time: 2 to 3 hours
Today you go early morning hunting with bushman including a short tuition on survival skills. The bushman at Lake Eyasi are divided into small groups of Hadzebe, Tindiga and Datoga hunting with bows and arrows and feeding on roots and wild fruits, similar to how humans lived in the Stone Age.
Afterwards you will come back to the campsite for full breakfast before departing for Serengeti National Park, driving along beautiful high lying farmland of Karatu up to Ngorongoro main gate and across Ngorongoro Conservation Area at (2,300 m). You will stop at the Crater view point for some great pictures of Ngorongoro Crater floor from the rim. Then drive down to Serengeti National Park. You can have your packed lunch at Naabi Hill Gate or at the kopjes (rocky outcropping) before starting your game drive towards the central park area called Seronera. Enjoy a sunset game drive while searching for the wildebeest migration as appropriate. Late afternoon drive to your campsite for dinner and overnight.
- Overnight at Seronera Public Campsite Central Serengeti. All meals included.
- Distance: 175 km
- Non game viewing time: 3 to 4 hours
On the third day of your short safari we take you for an early morning game drive in the Serengeti, when you might spot a cat family on the road as they avoid the morning mist, other predators coming back from their long night of hunting, a group of lioness organizing a morning ambush and other animals waking up ready to start their new day. If the wildebeest migration is in the Serengeti you will go straight to where they are and spend much time with the herds before starting your game drive toward Ngorongoro highlands. Reach Ngorongoro Conservation Area for sunset watch followed by dinner and overnight.
- Overnight at Simba Public Campsite at the Crater rim. All meal included.
- Distance: 145 km
- Non game viewing time: 2 to 4 hours
- Option: Masai village visit on your way to Ngorongoro Conservation Area (extra cost $30 per car)
As early as 06:30 you will ascend 600 meters into the Ngorongoro Crater floor for great game viewing. An incredible natural wonder, the crater’s wildlife is supported by a year-round supply of water and food and includes herds of buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, eland, warthog, hippos, elephant and the rare black rhino. There is also a dense population of predators which include lion, cheetah, jackals, hyenas and the mysterious leopard. You will also visit Lake Magadi, a shallow salt lake in the crater floor frequently visited by hippos, flocks of flamingos and other aquatic birds. After a picnic lunch enjoy more game driving before starting your way back to Arusha for overnight or drop off at Kilimanjaro International Airport for late flight (accommodation on this day can be included upon request at extra cost).
- Distance: 215 km
- Non game viewing time: 2 to 4 hrs