4 Days from$2406 p/p in USD
The perfect balance of attractions and time, this is the safari for seeing as much as possible when you’re on a tight time budget. Visit three of the northern circuit’s major parks: Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and your choice of either Tarangire or Lake Manyara National Park, for four days of incomparable game viewing that will show you the best that Africa has to offer. In addition to finding the Big Five and seeing some stunning landscapes, you’ll also have the option to embark on a cultural safari by adding on visits to a Maasai boma and/or the historic Oldupai Gorge Museum.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Warthog
Activities:Big 5, Bird Watching, Fine Dining, Walks (Guided), Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Wildlife Tours
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
Price Per Person - USD
|From Price||Dates||No. travelling||Single Supplement|
|USD 3650||Year Round||1|
|USD 2406||Year Round||2||From USD $ 463|
|USD 2146||Year Round||3||From USD $ 463|
|USD 2016||Year Round||4||From USD $ 463|
|USD 1938||Year Round||5||From USD $ 463|
|USD 1886||Year Round||6||From USD $ 463|
* Please note all accommodation/activities on basis of availability.
- All meals while on the safari. When staying at lodges it will be on full board basis and when budget camping then our accompanying chef will prepare delicious warm meals.
- All park entrance fees & taxes
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars
- Game safari to national parks as specified
- Hotel/lodge/camp accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Private 4×4 wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch and sliding windows for 360 degree view of the wildlife surrounding you
- First aid kit – Every safari vehicle comes standard with a fully stocked first aid kit. Our guides are all trained in providing basic first aid.
- Spare tires – for any unforeseen issues that may arise on bumpy African outback
- Charging station – Each car includes a charging station so you can charge your phone, camera battery, or laptop while on the road.
- WIFI – Our Tanzanian vehicles come standard with WiFi so that you can stay connected while on the road.
- Tea & Coffee – Every safari departs with a box including coffee and tea that can be enjoyed at any point during your safari.
- Binoculars – 1 pair per car
- Professional English speaking safari and tour guide / driver
- Water and hot drink (coffee and tea) during safari.
- Wildlife tours according to your itinerary preferences.
- Any sightseeing excursions and optional activities other than those specified
- Entry visas
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities to safari crew – recommended: 15-20 USD per day to safari driver
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Shadows of Africa‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Shadows of Africa‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You’ll depart from Arusha after breakfast for the drive to Lake Manyara National Park. The journey takes approximately two hours, but we’ll pass through the market town of Mto Wa Mbu along the way. This agricultural and fresh produce market is a melting pot of local cultures and a souvenir hunter’s paradise.
After a brief stop at the village market, you’ll enter Lake Manyara National Park. The park is truly a photographer’s playground and offers some of the best game viewing in the world. You can expect to see many of Africa’s most well-known animals, with the tree-climbing lions a particular treat. These proud predators lounge in acacia trees practically begging to be photographed.
Bird-watchers will find Lake Manyara is an absolute delight, with a huge variety of birds on display in the park. Even the novice can expect to be amazed by large flamingo flocks, circling birds of prey, and the brightly coloured lilac breasted roller.
You’ll then retire to your chosen accommodation for dinner and a good night’s rest.
We’ll take an early breakfast, as we’ve got a big day of exploration and adventure ahead of us!
We’ll begin the day with the scenic drive towards the Serengeti. Along the way we’ll pass through the mist-shrouded rainforests of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area where you might be lucky enough to glimpse cape buffalo, baboons, or even elephants and leopards in the dense undergrowth.
It’s a nearly four hour drive to the Serengeti park gates, but you can choose to break up the drive with one of the optional activities.
After a delicious lunch at the Serengeti National Park picnic area, it’s time to explore the Serengeti itself. Witness Africa’s iconic savannah landscape and be amazed by the sheer number of animals that roam these grassy plains.
Dinner and overnight in the heart of the Serengeti National Park according to the standard and the type of accommodation requested from our options.
After breakfast, we get right on the road back towards the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Our drive takes us back through the Serengeti via a different route, offering plenty of opportunities to spot the animals that eluded you on day two. As far as the eye can see, you’ll spot thousands upon thousands of animals in herds; wildebeests and zebras migrating together, tall and graceful giraffes, jumping antelopes and gazelles, the powerful African elephant and the most respected group of animals: the predators. You will have the chance to spot lean cheetahs and shy leopards, foraging hyenas, and last but not least, the king himself; the lion.
Once arrived in Ngorongoro Conservation Area you have the chance to visit an original Maasai Boma. The Maasai is the only tribe that is allowed to live inside this area.
Dinner and overnight on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater or in nearby Karatu Town according to the standard and the type of accommodation requested from our options.
After breakfast, you’ll depart for Ngorongoro Crater; considered by some to be the Eighth Wonder of the World. When you get your first glimpse of this vast, verdant caldera from the panoramic viewpoint, you’ll soon understand why it has earned such a lofty reputation.
Home to over 120 species of mammal including the fabled Big Five, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area is one of the most sought after safari destinations in the world. It’s a particularly good place to see the endangered black rhinoceros enjoying a lonely meal out on the grass plains, as well as a place to see large numbers of hippopotamus enjoying the cool water.
From the comfort of your open-top vehicle, you’ll be able to observe and photograph some of Africa’s most recognisable faces. The crater is home to a large number of predators including lions, leopards, cheetahs, jackals, and hyenas, as well as a large population of wildebeest, zebras, antelope, cape buffalo, and more. It is truly one of Africa’s premier safari destinations.
After the thrills and excitement of the day, you will have a picnic lunch by the park’s famous hippo pool before returning to Arusha.