- 3 Days from$800 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This short camping safari takes you to two of northern Tanzania’s wildlife hotspots, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, often called Africa’s Eden and the 8th Natural Wonder of the World. Spend your time on game drives searching for the big five and plenty of other wildlife and birds. Soak up the stunning scenery and enjoy camping at night.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Forest Pig, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:3
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 800 per person
- Transport with qualified driver/guide in 4wd vehicles with viewing roof
- Camping fees & camping equipment
- All meals (including cook on camping safari)
- National park fees
- Government tax
- Flights & visas
- Tips for guides and cook
- Personal items
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Ocelots Explores‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Ocelots Explores‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will transfer from Arusha to Serengeti National Park. The name Serengeti originates from the Masai word Siringitu and means ‘endless plains’. You will see why the Masai gave this region this name as the grassland savannah stretches to the horizon in the south and is only interrupted by the so-called kopjes. These kopjes are bizarre rock formations formed by the weathering of granite outcrops. The plains are the perfect hunting grounds for leopards and other big cats; you will have a good chance to view these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat through the open roof of the vehicle. In the afternoon, you will reach the destination for the day, the Seronera Valley in the central Serengeti area. You will camp for the night and stay in safari styled tents and enjoying a good meal in the middle of the African bush.
After breakfast, you will continue the game drive through the Serengeti National Park. You will see hundreds of wildebeests and zebras and often lions and other big cats such as leopards and cheetahs in the Seronera Valley. After lunch at a picnic site, you will drive in the direction of the Ngorongoro Crater. As soon as you have reached the edge of the crater, the caldera opens up before you and you will have a remarkable view of this impressive natural wonder. You will camp for the night on the crater’s edge and enjoy the fantastic view as the sun goes down.
After an early breakfast at daybreak, you will drive down into the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest unbroken caldera with unbelievable wildlife diversity. On the grass steppe and in the acacia tree woods, you will find almost all species that are found in the East African savannah with the exception of topis, Masai giraffes,and impalas. Quite often, you can observe the Big Five (lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, and leopard) within a couple of hours. Later you will drive to your hotel in Arusha for overnight or transfer to the airport.