- 2 Days from$460 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This is an ideal safari for those with little time giving you a taste of Uganda. The safari packs in game viewing at the world renowned Murchison Falls National Park, a visit to the top of the Falls and a Nile River cruise below the Falls on which you might see hippo, crocodile and a multitude of bird species including the shoebill stork. In Murchison Falls National Park experiences include a magical tour to the top of the Murchison Falls, the world’s most powerful waterfall, a memorable game drive in the open savannah landscapes with sights of African elephant, Cape buffalo, Jackson’s hartebeest, lion, Rothschild giraffe, oribi, Ugandan kob and leopards amongst other species.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Murchison
- Wildlife:leopard, rhino, elephant, kob
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kampala or Entebbe, end in Kampala or Entebbe
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 460 per person based on 4 adults
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- Transportation by a 4 x 4 station wagon
- Driver/guide subsistence allowance
- All meals
- 1 bottle of drinking water
- Park fees ( all activities mentioned)
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Tips while on the safari
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Friendly Gorillas Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Friendly Gorillas Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast your tour guide will pick you up from Kampala (or Entebbe) and you will embark on the drive to Murchison Falls National Park. You drive through the notable landscapes of Nakasongola, crossing the Kafu River and passing by the verdant Budongo Forest. Upon arrival, you’ll drive to the top of the Falls and see the world’s longest river, the Nile, as it squeezes itself through an 8m ravine forming a plume of spray marked by a thunderous roar and a trademark rainbow as it falls 43m below to the Devils Cauldron. The site is an extraordinary scene for photography.
Afterwards you connect to Paraa Jetty to catch up with the Nile launch cruise to the bottom of the Falls departing at 2 pm. The Nile launch cruise offers you an opportunity to explore the calm waters of the Nile River as you approach the delta gaining views of the aquatic species such as the Nile crocodiles and hippos not forgetting the sought-after shoebill stork if you’re lucky. The boat stops at the bottom of Murchison Falls – the world’s powerful waterfall – to enjoy one of the magical scenes in Uganda.
- Travel time: 5hrs (311Km)
- Overnight: Midrange / Standard: Pakuba Safari Lodge
- Meal Plan: Half-board
At 7 am you will connect to the continuing savannah landscapes of Murchison Falls National Park for an impressive morning game drive in the northern part of the park to catch up with the early wildlife before they disappear to graze and hunt. You follow the designated tracks including the Buligi, Albert, Queen, Pakuba among others stretching to the delta area gaining remarkable views of wildlife and the landscapes. The possible wildlife sights include Rothschild giraffe, Jackson’s hartebeest, lions, leopards, Cape buffalo, oribis, elephants and kobs among others.
After the game drive you make your way to the ferry crossing for 11am and then proceed by road to Kampala (or Entebbe).
- Safari time: 3-4 hrs
- End of safari