- 3 Days from$2001 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This gorilla trekking safari takes you to Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, home to half the world’s mountain gorilla population. Once your game ranger finds the gorilla family you spend one hour with them watching them interacting with each other – an incredible experience.
- Safari types:Gorilla Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi
- Wildlife:elephant, chimpanzees
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe (or Kampala), end in Entebbe (or Kampala)
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and village walk
- Day 3: Departure
RATES – PER PERSON USD
Luxury: from USD 2,001 per person sharing
Mid-range: from USD 1,608 per person sharing
Budget: from USD 1,382 per person sharing
- Gorilla permit
- Two nights accommodation
- Government taxes
- English speaking guide/driver
- Mineral water
- International flights
- Travel insurance and visas
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Akita Wild Tours and Travel - Safari Deal‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Akita Wild Tours and Travel - Safari Deal‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Pick up from your hotel or Entebbe International Airport for a transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The journey is a 12 to 13 hour drive, passing through Kampala city and then Masaka where you stop at the Uganda equator for photographs and refreshment. Proceed with the journey to Mbarara town for lunch at Igongo Cultural Centre before continuing the drive to Bwindi. Upon arrival you will check-in at the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Accommodation options: Silverback Lodge [luxury], Gorilla Mist Camp [mid-range], Boardbill Forest Camp [budget]
After your morning breakfast, drive to the park headquaters for a briefing on the rules and regulations of gorilla trekking. You will be given a gorilla family to track before driving to the starting point and setting off with the well-armed game ranger leading the group into the jungle. Finding the mountain gorillas takes from half an hour to eight hours depending on their movement. You will spend one memorable hour with them to take photos and watch them playing and feeding. Head back to the park office were you willl be rewarded with certificates. Later in the evening take a village walk to see nearby communities. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
After breakfast, drive back to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport for your onward flight.