- 3 Days from$650 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
This 3-day chimpanzee safari takes you to Kibale National Park, Uganda’s most rewarding destination to see chimpanzees as well as 70 mammal species, including 13 species of primate such as red colobus, blue monkey, red-tailed and grey-cheeked mangabey, birdlife, butterflies and forest flora. You’ll also go on a nature walk in Bigodi Swamp with its rich birdlife including the rare shoebill stork and hike to the crater lakes of Ndali for breathtaking scenery. This chimpanzee safari is an exceptional adventure discovering these fascinating primates in their natural habitat.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari
- You will visit:Kibale National Park
- Activities:Trekking, Nature Walk
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
- Day 1: Kampala to Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking & Nature Walk
- Day 3: Kibale to Kampala/Entebbe
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 650 per person, based on 4 adults
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Friendly Gorillas Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Friendly Gorillas Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Leave Kampala for a half day drive west via Mityana to Fort Portal. Travel through papyrus swamps and the thick jungle of the Nile Delta to Kibale National Park just under the Ruwenzori Mountains, passing by verdant countryside and traditional homesteads and farms. Stopover in Fort Portal for lunch then continue to Kibale.
- Overnight: Kyaninga Lodge (Luxury), Primate Lodge (Mid Range), Chimps Nest (Budget)
Start the day with an early breakfast then drive to Kanyanchu Research Centre for a briefing. Afterwards set off on a fascinating experience with the chimpanzees, starting at 0800. A half day search for chimpanzees and other primates including red colobus, blue monkey, red-tailed mangabey and grey-cheeked mangabey swinging through the dense forest as well as birds, butterflies and many small insects. The guide will provide detailed explanations on the primates and the forest fauna and flora, ensuring that your walk is informative and enjoyable while viewing birdlife and primates in close proximity.
An afternoon nature walk in Bigodi Swamp is an initiative of the local community. The swamp is known for its rich diversity of birdlife including the rare shoebill stork.
- Overnight: Kyaninga Lodge (Luxury ), Primate Lodge (Mid Range), Chimps Nest (Budget)
- Includes: All meals
After your breakfast, take a hike to the crater lakes of Ndali, an amazing experience with impressive scenery, often regarded as a million-dollar view. Later proceed to Kampala with lunch en route.