- 4 Days from$1250 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This short four-day safari enables you to enjoy the remarkable experience of trekking mountain gorillas through the forest on the slopes of Virunga. Spend an hour with these incredible primates, often getting quite close to the family group. This safari also gives your an opportunity to explore key landmarks in Kigali including historical sites, genocide memorial sites as well as other highlights of the clean city of Kigali. You’ll also visit local villages for community based tourism activities.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Primate Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Volcanoes
- Wildlife:Mountain gorillas
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kigali, end in Kigali
RATES – PER PERSON USD
- 1-3 people ———– From USD 1,250 per person
- 4-5 people ———– From USD 1,200 per person
- 6-7 people ———– From USD 1,155 per person
- 8-9 people ———– From USD 1,145 per person
- 10-14 people ——– From USD 1,120 per person
- 15+ people ———- From USD 1,000 per person
- 4WD transport
- English/French Speaking guide
- Park entry fees except Volcanoes National Park
- Accommodation and meals
- Air tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Gorilla trekking permit in the Volanoes National Park
- Visa (Rwanda entry visas can be obtained on arrival at Kigali International airport)
- Telephones and fax charges
Day by Day Overview
Arrival and transfer to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Overnight: Kigali Hotel
Activity: Airport transfer
Explore Kigali with visits to landmarks from colonial, post-colonial, independence era, genocide and today. Visit sites including Kigali Genocide Memorial Site, Kandt Museum, Belgian Camp and Presidential Palace. Drive to Nyamata in the afternoon to visit the reconciliation village and Nyamata and Ntarama genocide churches. Evening transfer to Musanze and the Volcanoes National Park.
Overnight: La Palme Hotel
Activity: Kigali Genocide Memorial Site, Kandt Museum, Nyamata and Ntarama genocide churches. Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast we transfer to the park. After completing the park formalities we embark on a once-in-a-lifetime experience of tracking mountain gorillas, through the light mountain forest on the slopes of the Virunga. Once you spot them you are allowed to spend an hour watching these remarkable giant primates, an incredible wildlife experience. Be back at the base in time for a late lunch. Some gorilla families however are more elusive and tracking can take a full day, especially when it is wet and muddy. Dinner and overnight La Palme Hotel.
Overnight: La Palme Hotel
Activity: Gorilla trekking
Breakfast at 7am then depart from the hotel to visit villages where they showcase the production of banana and sorghum beer. After that, transfer to Kigali for your hotel or direct to the airport.
Activity: Kigali transfer to the airport