3 Days from$1020 p/p in USD
Kenya’s Samburu Reserve is especially famous for the almost guaranteed sighting of the 3 big cats: lion, cheetah, and leopard. It bears a natural serenity due to its distance from industry and the inaccessibility of the reserve for many years. This safari will traverse north through the high shoulder of Mount Kenya to the Game Reserve of Samburu. See the Ewaso Nyiro River which supports a wide variety of game such as elephant, reticulated giraffe, buffalo, grevy zebra, oryx, the popularly known, long necked giraffe and gerenuk gazelle.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Samburu National Reserve
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Domestic Flight
Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,020 per person
- Domestic flights
- Accommodation and meals
- Drinking water while on safari
- Professional driver/guide
- 4×4 Land Cruisers or safari van
- All taxes and VAT
- Park fees
- International flights and visas
- Airport transfers
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items and tips
- Government taxes and or park fees
- Any activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Nature In Paradise Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Nature In Paradise Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day By Day Overview
Depart Wilson Airport in Nairobi for Samburu Game Reserve. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel with a game drive en-route. Samburu Game Reserve is characterised by vast, open landscapes, dry riverbeds (depending on the season of the year) and red volcanic soil. Rock outcroppings contrast against the dense woodland vegetation along the banks of Ewaso Nyiro, the river that gives life to the reserve. Although mostly dry you will be amazed by a variety of wildlife that are residents here from herds of elephant, lion, grevy zebra, reticulated giraffe and leopard among others.
Spend your day in Samburu Game Reserve with an early morning and afternoon game drive, searching for the Big Five as well as the famous Samburu special five (gerenuk, grevy zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich and beisa oryx). You will watch crocodile bask on muddy riverbanks and vervet monkey frolic in the late afternoon sun. In addition, you will have the chance to interact with the Samburu People to learn about their culture.
An option of doing a pre-breakfast game drive before going back to the camp for breakfast or after breakfast, check out and enjoy a short game drive as you head to the airstrip where you will be dropped off for your flight back to Nairobi.