SAVE USD 406 per person on one of the best-combined safaris in East Africa, taking you through magical mountain gorilla encounters and big game safaris. Experience gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where 459 mountain gorillas live, chimp tracking in Kibale National Park with 13 primate species that include 1500 chimpanzees in Uganda, and exceptional wildlife viewing at Masai Mara National Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park in Kenya. You will begin your safari in Entebbe, Uganda and end it in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Kibale National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Eland, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, Warthog, Oribi, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Forest Pig, Bush Buck
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Hiking, Village Visit
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe, end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:15
Price Per Person – USD
SPECIAL OFFER from USD 4,029 per person, two people traveling
SAVE USD 406 per person – normal price is USD 4,435 per person, two people traveling
- 9 nights accommodation & meals
- Travel in 4×4 vehicle in Uganda & Kenya
- Tour activities except optional ones
- Game drives
- Gorilla & chimp permits, Uganda
- Bottled drinking water
- Park entry fees for Kenya & Uganda
- Flights & visa fees for Kenya & Uganda
- Optional activities while in Kenya & Uganda
- Laundry service
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘All in Africa Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘All in Africa Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Meet your guide in Uganda for a warm welcome into the Pearl of Africa. Then transfer from Entebbe Airport (EBB) to a hotel in Kampala.
Breakfast early in the morning then drive to Kibale National Park, which takes 5-6 hours with a stopover for lunch at Fort Portal. Check into a comfortable place for your overnight stay in Kibale Forest National Park.
Chimpanzee tracking: Have breakfast and then the day begins with a briefing about chimp tracking regulations at Kanyanchu. Afterwards exit Kanyanchu Visitor Centre for actual chimpanzee tracking at 8:00 am, lasting for 2-4 hours which is inclusive of one hour guaranteed for your magical encounter. Return back while still looking out for more primates – Kibale is a true primate capital of the world sheltering 13 unique primate species.
Transfer to Bwindi: Check out from your lodge in Kibale, drive 6 hours up to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, southwestern Uganda. Navigate via the Ishasha area of Queen Elizabeth National Park where with luck you will be rewarded with the magical sight of relaxed tree-climbing lions.
After having a delicious breakfast, some snacks and bottled water are packed for you before setting off for orientation at the Buhoma area. Today learn about regulations for gorilla trekking and be assigned a gorilla family to track in Buhoma or other regions (Ruhija, Nkuringo/Rushaga) and start trekking to view massive mountain gorillas at 8:00 am. Your trek may go for 2-6 hours and you will settle with these apes for one hour and then return.
Have a relaxed afternoon full of fun, enjoy lunch, and walk with an experienced local guide to the Batwa community. Learn more about the Batwa pygmy culture, lifestyle, how they lived for 500,000 years in the forest as hunters and gatherers, etc.
Today you transfer to Kenya. Fly from Kihihi or Kisoro airstrip, and land at Entebbe where you will connect with the flight to Nairobi, Kenya. From Nairobi, meet a Kenya guide for transfer to Lake Nakuru National Park, your next destination.
Start the sixth day of your 10-day safari with an early breakfast and afterwards enjoy a game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park. The long day game viewing expedition rewards you with lots of incredible sights from lions, giraffes, rhinos, elands, buffaloes, zebras, flamingos, grebes, etc.
Have breakfast, then a short game drive in Lake Nakuru before transferring to Masai Mara National Reserve, which sits on 1510 sq km of land area in Narok county of Kenya. Relax, have lunch at leisure at Mara Reserve’s lodge, and later, go for evening game viewing.
Spend two days enjoying full days of game driving experiences in Masai Mara National Reserve. Witness the wildebeest migration, big game including buffaloes, elephants, rhinos, leopards and lions, plus giraffes, antelopes, birds and much more. There are also options to add on a hot air balloon tour and visit to the Masai people in the Masai village.
Check out of the camp or lodge at Mara Reserve after breakfast then drive to Nairobi, which takes about 6 hours. On arrival drive directly to the airport in Kenya for departure or be dropped off somewhere else. This marks the end of the exceptional 10 days Uganda & Kenya safari.