- 3 Days from$1355 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This compact 3 day/2 night safari, which includes the wildlife-rich Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks and the Ngorongoro Crater, is perfect for those short on time or who want a quick add on – giving you the chance to hopefully see the Big Five in just three days!
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Honey Badge Lodge, end in Kilimanjaro Airport
This itinerary is based on a mid-range lodge option, but we can also organise a budget-friendly camping option for the same itinerary.
RATES – USD PER PERSON
- From USD 2,065 for 1 person
- From USD 1,355 pp for 2 people sharing
- From USD 1,200 pp for 3 people sharing
- All accommodation
- All meals and drinking water for the duration of the trip
- Services of a trained driver-guide
- All vehicle costs including fuel
- All park fees and government payments
- International flights
- Soft and alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Visas and insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Milestone Safaris & Mountaineering‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Milestone Safaris & Mountaineering‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After an early breakfast, you will be collected at Honey Badger Lodge to begin your safari by driving to Tarangire National Park, which takes approximately 3 hrs. Tarangire National Park is spectacular in the dry season through to well into the rainy season when many of the migratory wildlife species come back to the permanent waters of the Tarangire River. Huge herds of wildebeest, zebras, elephants, elands and oryx gather until the onset of the rain when they migrate again to good grazing areas. Following your game drive you head to your lodge to enjoy dinner and a good night’s rest.
After an early breakfast you drive to Lake Manyara National Park for a game drive. With a picnic lunch in the park enjoy the varying landscape that Lake Manyara has to offer. When approaching the lake from the east, the Rift Valley escarpment lies on the horizon forming an impressive back drop to the lake. In the tall trees of the ground water forest, monkeys leap from branch to branch, while on the escarpment elephants stand in the shade. Animals frequently seen in Lake Manyara National Park include zebras, impalas, monkeys, giraffes, buffalos, hippos, warthogs among many others. Before dark you make your way to your lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will drive across to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and descend into Ngorongoro Crater for a game drive. This is undoubtedly one of the best places to see the rare black rhino in Africa, as well as prides of lion including the magnificent black maned males, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, many members of the antelope family, a variety of small mammals, colourful flamingos and water birds. Later on, following your afternoon game drive, you will be driven to Kilimanjaro airport. </