5 Days from$1100 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Camping, Luxury, Luxury+, Mid Range
This joining group camping safari takes you on the search for the great annual wildebeest migration in Tanzania’s remarkable Serengeti National Park where you might be lucky to see the animals crossing the Mara River. Also visit other superb wildlife destinations, Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, known as the ‘Garden of Eden’.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Camping Safari, Cultural Safari, Educational Safari, Family Safari, Guided, Guided Safari, Migration Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Nature Walk, Cultural Experience, UNESCO Site
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Experience the great wildebeest migration on the plain
- Witness the amaizing wildebeest calving season
- See all of Africa’s cat species
- Visit Lake Ndutu & Lake Masek and Grumetic river
- See a multitude of bird species
- Visit the fascinating Olduvai Gorge
- Visit the maasai bomas
- Balloon safari in Serengeti USD 600 per person
- Materuni waterfalls and Kikuletwa hot spring USD 100 per person
- Coffee plantation in Tengeru village USD 80 per person
- Makini adventures in Akheri USD 80 per person
Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris offers several group joining safaris under 5 days if this suits your preferences.
Price Per Person – USD
USD 1,100 Per person (1 pax) * 1 = 1100
USD 1050 Per person (2 pax)* 2 = 2100
USD 1025 Per person (3 pax)*3 = 3075
USD 1000 Per person (4 pax)*4 = 4000
USD 995 Per person (5 pax)*5 = 4975
USD 990 Per person (6 pax)*6 = 5940
- Return airport/Arusha transfers
- Two nights accommodation in Arusha before & after safari
- Full board accommodation at basic camping during safari
- Extended 4×4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof & WiFi
- Professional English-speaking safari guide
- Professional safari cook
- Unlimited drinking water
- Entrance fees, camping fees & Ngorongoro Crater fees
- 18% VAT & government taxes
- Flying doctor service
- Flights & visas
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional tours (e.g. balloon ride USD 550 pp, book in advance)
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide and cook
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our guide will pick you up at Kilimanjaro International Airport and take you to our office in Arusha (free pick up). As local Tanzanians, our guides know well the country and Arusha city, so you’ll be in good hands from when you arrive to the moment you leave.
Where will we sleep?
Royal City Lodge
We recommend Royal City Lodge. They have the best value for money for a one night stay before the safari. We can also reserve a room for you. (Get a lower rate if we book a room for you!!)
• Rooms, all with TV • Private bathroom • Wi-Fi • Hot shower • City center • Breakfast included
Pick up from Arusha hotel at 8 am for the 3-hour drive to Tarangire National Park. Enjoy a full day game drive on arrival and later drive to Sunbright Campsite or Lodge for dinner and overnight. Tarangire National Park is 115 km from Arusha and covers an area 2,800 sq km. The wildlife drinks from the Tarangire River, where the name of the park comes from. Other attractions here are a large number of elephants, tree-climbing pythons and beautiful baobab trees. Wildlife also includes here lions, leopards and much more.
Game Drive Highlights
• Long and narrow park • Tarangire River. • See big 4 animals • Large number of elephants. • Lions and cheetah • Buffalos and impalas. • Baobab trees • Tree climbing African pythons
Where will we sleep?
Sunbright Campsite and Lodge
After a long day, a good, comfortable and lovely place is where you want to be. That’s Sunbright Campsite and Lodge.
• Good camping equipment • Rooms, all with Tv • Private bathroom • Wi-Fi • Hot shower • Swimming pool • You will choose between a lodge or tent camp (according to your package)
After breakfast, pack your luggage and start the drive to Serengeti National Park, a scenic 4-hour game drive en route and picnic lunch. On the way you will have beautiful views of the Rift Valley and Ngorongoro Crater and will reach the Serengeti around 3 pm. Enjoy an evening game drive in central Serengeti where you will be able to watch the beautiful sunset before dinner and overnight in Seronera Campsite inside the Serengeti National Park in central Serengeti.
The highlights of the Serengeti are the spectacular endless plains and the great Serengeti wildebeest migration, the movement of vast numbers of the Serengeti’s wildebeest, zebra, and smaller numbers of Grant’s gazelle, Thomson’s gazelle, eland and impala, followed by predators, as they move from one area to another through the Serengeti to find grazing, following the rainfall for fresh grass and better water sources. Our driver guide will make sure you see part of the wildebeest migration, depending on the month you are travelling.
Game Drive Highlights
• Migration involving 2 million animals • Africa’s Big 5 • Lake Magadi. • Many lions and cheetah. • Buffalos and impalas • Hippo Pool • Mara River crocodiles • Endless plains • Sunrise game drives • Sunset game drives
Where will we sleep?
Seronera Campsite or mid-range camp/lodge
• Sleeping bag • Mattress • Tent • Chair • Table • Shared toilets and bathroom.
Mid range camps and Lodge
These are premium accommodations inside the park, offering private bathrooms and premium rooms. They depend on the package you have chosen.
Today you will wake up early, enjoy a full breakfast and then start your game drive inside Serengeti National Park, driving to some of the key areas to look for the wildebeest migration. The best chance of seeing the annual migration in the Serengeti is from June to September, while the wildebeest calving season is from January to March. From July to September our driver will take you to northern Serengeti where you might be lucky to see the migration crossing the Mara River. After your full day’s game drive, head back to your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
You will wake at 5.45 am for an early breakfast and to see the sunrise. Afterwards enjoy an early morning game drive up to 11.30am when you go back to the campsite for lunch and to pack your stuff in the vehicle. Then you head to Ngorongoro Crater and stay at Simba Campsite.
Where will we sleep?
• Good camping equipment. • Rooms, all with TV • Private bathroom • Wi-Fi • Hot shower • Swimming pool • You will choose between a lodge or tent camp (according to your package)
You will wake up around at 5.30 am for breakfast followed by the descent down to Ngorongoro Crater floor where you will able to look for the big five as well as many other wildlife species and types of birds. Have your lunch inside the crater while watching nature and high concentrations of flamingos. After 6 to 7 hours game drive on the crater floor, you will ascend from the crater passing through the campsite for packing up, ready for the drive back to Arusha for an overnight stay.
Game Drive Highlights
• 8th Wonder of the Natural World • Home to Africa’s big 5 • It’s very easy to spot and see animals. • Largest intact crater in the world • Most densely populated wildlife area in the world • Salt lake at its center • Masai and Hadzabe people call home • Black rhino, lions, cheetahs, leopards, buffalo, hyenas. • Stopover at Olduvai Gorge • Shifting Sand • Olkarien Gorge • Mounts Lolmasin and Losirua
Write A Review
Customer Reviews (12)
We went for a 4-day safari game with Kilimanjaro classic Safaris. The booking precedure was very easy and uncompleceted. We always got an answer very quickly, if we had a question. Our guide, Thomas was excellent, he did everything to make for us these days unforgettable. All the lodges Kilimanjaro classic safaris us offered were amazing. We really appraciate the great job of the whole staff we can warmly recommend. We look forward to enjoy our next trip in Tanzania with Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris.
An unforgettable group safari with Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris
Our friends and us recently embarked on an safari adventure with Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris, Tanzania and I must say it was an experience we will cherish forever. Initially, I had reservations about taking our children on a safari, but Alex from Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris assured me that could tailor the experience for our group, and he delivered on that promise in the most spectacular way.
From the beginning the trip was seamlessly organized and were warmly welcomed by the Kilimanjaro classic safari's team. Alex and his team went out of their way to ensure that our group felt comfortable and excited about the journey ahead.
Uncle Thomas our safari guide and driver was the real star of our adventure. He was not only incredibly knowledgeable about the wild but also had a unique ability to engage and entertain to ensuring we witnessed the Big five was truly remarkable. The kids absolutely adored him, and so did we.
The highlight, of course, was the wildlife, Thomas expertise and keen sense of the animal's behaviors ensured that we had unforgettable encounters with the Big five. From majestic lions and elephants to elusive leopard, we saw them all thanks to Thomas dedication.
The evening around the campfire, sharing stories and laughter, added an extra layer of magic to the experience. The Kilimanjaro classic safari's team made us feel lie we were part of their extended family, and their warmth and friendliness were truly appreciated.
In conclusion, Our group safari with Kilimanjaro classic safari's exceeded all our expectation. It was an educational, exciting and immersive experience that catered perfectly to our children's needs while offering a deep connection to the wonders of the natural world. I wholehearted recommend Kilimanjaro classic safari's to anyone seeking the best safari experience in Tanzania. We already looking forward to our adventure with them. Thanks Kilimanjaro classic safari's, for making our group safari come true.
Wonderful Tanzania safari
My wife and I had the most wonderful 4 days visiting the above parks. From the initial contact with Alex who arranged this bespoke trip, to Thomas our amazing guide and driver for the 4 days, everything was memorable and perfect!
We saw all the big 5 (and close up!) and lots more! Thomas was knowledgeable, very experienced, great driver, caring, flexible and funny!!! The accommodation recommended for our budget and food exceeded our exceptions!
Highly recommend this company! Asante Sana, Kilimanjaro Classic Safaris, we will never forget our trip!