4 Days from$816 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Experience one of Africa’s most famed destinations, the Masai Mara. Offering picturesque views of the vast open plains and sightings of the largest herds of wildebeest and zebra in the world. An opportunity to witness one of the big cats on a hunt and the battle for survival that follows. These are the dreams of an African adventure. Lake Nakuru with its sea of pink flamingos is sure to catch you by surprise and always leaves a lasting impression with the back drop of a golden sunset. If you choose, a Masai village awaits humming with the traditional singing and dancing of these iconic tribal people.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Topi, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Hot Air Balloon, Village Visit
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 816 per person
- 3 nights accommodation
- All meals which generally include breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets consisting of western and local dishes
- Unlimited mineral water during game drives
- English speaking guide/driver with an in-depth knowledge of the fauna, flora and Kenyan culture
- Park/reserve fees & game drives
- Guaranteed window seat for each passenger
- Each 4×4 Toyota minivan is fitted with a two-way, long range, high frequency radio and will carry a first-aid kit, ice-chest and fire extinguisher
- Government taxes, levies and fees
- International airfares & departures taxes
- Snacks & events not included in your itinerary
- Optional extra: Masai Mara balloon safari (USD 475 per person/per ride)
- Optional extra: Masai village visit (USD 25)
- Personal cell phone/laptop chargers etc
- All beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
- Tips for your guide/driver
- Laundry service
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Lion Rider Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Lion Rider Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart for Lake Nakuru National Park after breakfast. Upon arriving at Kivu Resort, take some time to freshen up before an early lunch. An afternoon game drive will take you to the magnificent lake to view pelicans and hundreds of flamingos. The surrounding forest attracts numerous other birds that you could see while the banks of the lake often have rhino, giraffe and waterbuck that come and drink. After a successful day of game viewing, return to the hotel for dinner.
After breakfast you will depart for the Masai Mara National Reserve. This beautiful reserve is part of the vast Serengeti plains, famously known for its spectacular wildebeest migration and is home to the big five and other large mammals. Lunch will be served at the Mara Springs Camp, your accommodation for the evening. Unwind after your meal before the afternoon game drive into the Mara Game Reserve.
A full day in the Mara affords visitors the chance to spot a variety of the wild animals in the reserve. The great predators prowl the vast park in search of their prey, while enormous herds of grazing herbivores stretch out into the distance. All promise to be cherished memories. An additional option to visit a Masai Village is a favourite. Catching a glimpse into their way of life through their singing and dancing is an unforgettable experience.
Check out is after breakfast. You will then make your way into the park for your final morning game drive and the chance to have one last sighting. Once out of the reserve, you will depart for Nairobi and arrive in the afternoon.