- 8 Days from$2,724 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Independent, Small Group
Stay at Ibo Island Lodge in Quirimbas National Park, one of the most magical and atmospheric lodges in Africa. Spend the days on a beautiful sandbank beach and dive the coral reefs. Then join a beautiful 56 ft yacht for a wonderful sailing experience. Spend time island hopping, snorkelling with dolphins, scuba diving, swimming, sunbathing, fishing, kayaking and exploring tropical islands.
- Safari types:Beach Safari, Cruise Safari, Dolphin Safari, Romantic Safari, Sail Safari
- Activities:Kayak, Diving, Snorkelling
- Start/end:Start/end in Pemba
RATES – PER PERSON USD
- 2 nights Ibo Island Lodge
- 5 Nights 56ft Catamaran Yacht Charter
From USD 2,775 per person (based on 6 adults)
- 3 nights Ibo Island Lodge
- 7 Nights 56ft Catamaran Yacht Charter
From USD 3,845 per person (based on 6 adults)
- 7 nights Ibo Island Lodge
- 7 Nights 56ft Catamaran Yacht Charter
From USD 5,605 per person (based on 6 adults)
Package Combo Includes (based on 6 adults sharing)
56 FT CATAMARAN
- Crewed Yacht
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Juices & soft drinks
- Wines, beers, spirits, all other non-alcoholic drinks
- Coffee, tea, water & minibar
- Water sports gear
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Diving (sup payable)
- Fuel for main yacht & tender
IBO ISLAND LODGE
- Meet and greet in Pemba
- Refreshing non-alcoholic cocktail on arrival
- Accommodation at Ibo Island Lodge
- All meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Teas, coffees and bar snacks
- Local beers and spirits, water and soft drinks
- Transfer daily to a private sandbank beach
- Guided historical and cultural tours of the island
- Non-motorised water sports & unguided kayaking
FLIGHTS / TRANSFERS
- Light aircraft flight from Pemba to Ibo Island
- Transfers from airstrip to lodge
- Guest pick up and drop-off by yacht as required
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Day by Day Overview
You’ll be transferred by light aircraft from Pemba to Ibo Island in the Quirimbas Archipelago in northern Mozambique. Spend two nights on the island staying at Ibo Island Lodge, an award-winning lodge on a remote Mozambican island lost in time, all but forgotten to the outside world for nearly a century. Recline high on the rooftop terrace overlooking the impossibly blue ocean and track the slow and steady traditional sailing dhows that drift across the blue horizon. Refresh your senses with a massage and indulge yourself with a frosty cocktail at one of the pools. This is the Ibo Island Lodge life, designed to uplift and your escape from your reality. Be whisked to an idyllic sandbank beach and dive some of Africa’s richest coral reefs.
The Marquise 56′ was Fountaine Pajot’s flagship catamaran, beautifully built with typical French flare and class. Designed to be a comfortable open ocean cruising yacht the 56’ Marquise is still the ideal charter catamaran. Make no mistake, the Marquise 56′ is a big catamaran with one of the largest living areas of any yacht in its class. Her bright and open saloon offers generous space and with a dining table that can sit 8 guests is a perfect place to entertain.
There is a flat screen TV/DVD and music system with speakers throughout. A new fully equipped galley offers everything a chef would need and with three fridge freezers there is plenty of space for keeping your drinks cold. There are four separate air conditioned ensuite double guest cabins, finished off in beautiful oak wood with white trim.
The yacht will head out of the channel, past the main fort and out towards the old light house on Ibo’s northern point. Here you will be able to encounter Ibo’s resident dolphins, snorkelling with them. After the dolphin encounter, we will drop anchor close to early 19th century steam ship wreck, where the main boiler can still be seen above the waves – a great snorkelling spot! Then we head north to a stunning sand bank beach where we anchor for lunch served on the yacht. After lunch we continue to Rolas and Mogundula Island.
Once we get to Mogundula Island we will spend a couple days relaxing and exploring the area. Snorkel, swim and explore the island. We have a lodge on the island so guests are welcome to go ashore, enjoy drinks at the bar, cool off in the pools or take a walk around to Turtle Beach on the far side of the island. There is also great snorkelling on the drop-off reefs. Mogundula is our base for a couple of days for activities and relaxing on a tropical island.
Disembark in the morning at Ibo Island. Return flight from Ibo Island to Pemba.
Please note that the itinerary can change at any time.