11 Days from$2384 p/p in USD
South Africa, Mozambique,
Discover the Mozambique port of Maputo, one of Africa’s most attractive capitals with its well preserved Portuguese colonial architecture before heading to Kruger National Park with its impressive wildlife and scenic surrounds. Return to the coast to stay in Machangulo Beach Lodge for barefoot luxury on a beautiful island.
Safari types:Beach Safari, Big Five Safari, Coastal Safari, Family Safari, Romantic Safari, Self Drive Safari
You will visit:Kruger
Activities:Kayak, Diving, Snorkelling
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Maputo
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 2,384 per person
- 7 days car rental in a Renault Duster 1.6 with air conditioning, power steering, manual drive (or similar)
- Unlimited mileage, super damage and theft insurance, contract fee, 2 drivers per rental, break of the windshield with a maximum amount from USD 117.
- Three nights in Southern Sun Maputo, bed and breakfast
- One full day guided Maputo city tour with seafood lunch (excluding drinks) – lasting about 5 hours
- Four nights at Muluwa Lodge, dinner, bed and breakfast in a superior room
- Return transfer from Maputo Airport to the Maputo Marina
- Return transfer by boat from Maputo Marina to Machangulo Beach Lodge
- Three nights in Machangulo Beach Lodge with full board (three meals per day and selected drinks)
- Meals not stated in itinerary
- Personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Camping Africa‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Camping Africa‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Welcome to Maputo – the vibrant capitol city of Mozambique! Upon arrival at Maputo Airport, pick up your rental car and head to your hotel in Maputo where you stay for the next three nights. Maputo is the most developed place in Mozambique, with a wide selection of hotels and restaurants, well-stocked supermarkets, shady sidewalk cafes and a lively cultural scene. Stay in the Southern Sun Maputo, which is located on one of the beaches and is the ideal starting point to explore the city. Drive along the Jacaranda-lined streets in downtown Baixa which is made up of many buildings from the turn of the century. Admire the bronze CFM train station, the old fort and the Neoclassical Town Hall on Praça da Independência square.
Three nights at Southern Sun Maputo, Bed & Breakfast basis
Included activity: full day guided Maputo city tour (duration approx 5 hours)
On the second day you will be accompanied by a local, knowledgeable guide through the city to show you the places of interest, guide you through the markets and estates and tell you stories of the city past. End the tour with a seafood lunch (drinks for own account).
On day three explore at your own pace, continue north to the northern beaches of Marvon Marracuene and Macaneta or south to Ponta do Ouro.
Leave the Mozambique coast behind and head to the Kruger National Park in north eastern South Africa, one of the largest game reserves in Africa. Your accommodation is conveniently located outside the Kruger Park. From here you can easily make day trips to Kruger National Park as well as the beauty of the well known Lowveld Panoramic Road, Blyde River Canyon and the surrounding areas and scenic attractions.
After breakfast, drive back to Maputo where you will drop off your rental car at Maputo Airport. You will then be picked up by a representative from Machangulo Beach Lodge who will take you to Maputo Marina. From here the Machangulo boat takes you across the bay to Machangulo Beach Lodge, situated on a secluded peninsula overlooking Inhaca Island. The luxurious rooms have views of the beautiful Indian Ocean while activities include snorkeling, scuba diving, birding, kayaking, fishing and island tours.
You will be taken to Maputo Airport for your outbound flight. Plan your next visit to southern Africa on the way home and we hope to see you in Africa again soon!