- 5 Days from$1178 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This 5-day Island Hopping program is the perfect affordable option to spot the extraordinary wildlife of the Galapagos Islands. While staying in comfortable hotels on two different islands, you join day tours bringing you to surprising places. One of the many unique aspects of the Galapagos Islands is that the majority of the endemic species do not have naturally enemies, meaning they do not fear visitors and you will have great opportunities to photograph and observe wildlife. The unique species, stunning volcanic sceneries, and carefully selected activities make the Galapagos Islands a wildlife destination to never forget!
- Safari types:Coastal Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Galapagos Islands
- Activities:Walking Safari, Snorkelling
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Fly in/out from Guayaquil or Quito
- Health: No vaccinations are required, only yellow fever if you have recently been in a country where yellow fever is present. Vaccinations for hepatitis A and typhoid are recommended
- Visa: For a stayup to two months only travelers with the following nationalities need a visa: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cuba, North Korea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Senegal
- Season: The Galapagos Islands is a year-round destination
- Guide: Licensed, specialized English-speaking guide
RATES – PER PERSON USD
Option 1: 3* accommodations (Tourist Superior)
USD 1,178 per person based on 4 pax
USD 1,272 per person based on 2 pax
Single supplement: USD 310
Option 2: 4* accommodations (First Class)
USD 1,364 per person based on 4 pax
USD 1,458 per person based on 2 pax
Single supplement: USD 559
- Accommodation in a standard double room
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary (half board: 4x breakfast and 4x lunch)
- English-speaking guide for the excursions only
- Private transfers from and to the airport
- Tickets for the public boat to travel between Santa Cruz and Isabela
- Excursions as described in the itinerary (snorkeling at Concha Perla is not included)
- Snorkeling equipment (mask & tube) for the Los Tuneles excursion
- Baltra ferry ticket
- Galapagos Islands round tickets (ask us for the purchase possibilities)
- Ingala Transit Card: USD 20 pp (to be paid in cash at the airport in Quito or Guayaquil)
- National Park Entrance Fee: USD 100 pp (has to be paid in cash directly upon arrival)
- Isabela Dock Fee: USD 10 pp
- Snorkel activity at Concha Perla, Isabela Island (price per person: 1 pax: USD 120/ 2 pax: USD 75 / 3-4 pax: USD 65)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Water taxi from dock to speedboat at each island
- Bus from the airport to the Baltra ferry and back
Day by Day Overview
*We recommend you to spend at least one day in Quito or Guayaquil prior to your flight to the Galapagos Islands.*
Your Galapagos adventure starts in Quito or Guayaquil, depending on the rest of your travel plans. A flight of two to three hours brings you to the isolated Galapagos Islands where Charles Darwin laid the basis for its evolution theory. Your guide welcomes you at Baltra Airport and takes you to the highlands of Santa Cruz Island for your first excursion. These lush green hills form the perfect habitat for giant tortoises; it is an amazing experience to see this impressive animals wandering around! After visiting the giant volcanic holes ‘Los Gemelos’ and exploring a lava tunnel, you enjoy a local lunch. Then it is time to head to Puerto Ayora and visit the Charles Darwin Station, the main research station of the archipelago, to learn more about the conservation efforts on the islands. In the afternoon, you are brought to your hotel in Puerto Ayora.
After an early breakfast, you are picked up at your hotel by shared transportation. Today you visit an uninhabited island to spot amazing wildlife! Which island you visit depends on the day of the week and the availability, but all day tours create amazing experiences combining land with water activities. What makes the Galapagos Islands unique is the biodiversity of the islands: almost each island has different characteristics and many have their own endemic species. You will visit one of the following islands: Bartolome, Santa Fe, South Plaza or North Seymour. After an unforgettable day with plenty of wildlife and beautiful sceneries, you return to Puerto Ayora in the afternoon. Here, your driver drops you off in the center of town, from where you can easily walk to your hotel.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Early in the morning, you are brought to the small port of Puerto Ayora for your boat transfer to Isabela, the largest and – according to many – the most beautiful island of the archipelago. Upon arrival, you are brought to your hotel and have time to enjoy the morning at the stunning sand beach of Puerto Villamil, or you can enjoy an optional snorkeling excursion to Concha Perla (not included in the price). In the afternoon, a professional guide takes you to the Wetlands just outside the small village. The wetlands consist of multiple lagoons, swamps and mangroves, creating the ideal ecosystem for a wide variety of birds, including common stilts, white-cheeked pintails, and flamingos. You also visit the Muro de las Lagrimas (Wall of Tears), built by prisoners from 1945 to 1959, giving you the opportunity to learn more about the human history of the island. This wonderful day is concluded with a visit to the island’s Tortoise Breeding Center.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Today one of the best snorkeling spots in the Galapagos Islands awaits you: ‘Los Tuneles’ (The Tunnels). This place exists out of a series of partially underwater lava tunnels creating the perfect habitat for an enormous variety of marine species. You head to this special place by boat, after which you prepare your snorkel gear and dive into a magical underwater world where you can swim with sea turtles, golden rays, tropical fish, sharks and many other under water creatures. Your guide helps you to spot the best wildlife and may even find sharks and sea horses! On top of the lava formations, you may spot blue-footed boobies and other birds. After lunch, you return to your hotel.
Breakfast and lunch included.
Since the public speed boat between Isabela and Santa Cruz departs only twice a day, you have to make an early start in order to get to the airport on time. From Puerto Ayora, you are brought to Balta Airport for your flight to Quito or Guayaquil.
*If you buy your own air tickets, we recommend you to buy one of the latest flights back to be sure to not miss your flight.*