11 Days from$3890 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
This remarkable tour in Ecuador is perfect if you want to photograph 100 species of amphibians and reptiles during your 10-night safari while exploring the most iconic natural wonders of Ecuador. Explore the amphibian and reptile-rich Mindo Cloudforest, Chocó Rainforest and Amazon Rainforest and discover the wealth of wildlife including the green anaconda, black caiman, Surinam toad, glass frogs, rain frog, anoles and much more.
Safari types:Educational Safari, Guided Safari, Jungle Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Amazon Basin, Mindo Cloudforest, Chocó Rainforest
Wildlife:Birds, Macaws, Toucans, Parrots, Caiman, Snakes, Frogs, Butterflies, Anaconda, Surinam Toad, Anoles
Activities:Walking Safari, Trekking, Hiking, Canoe, Nature Walk, Canopy Walk/Tower
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Quito
Tour Dates: May 27 - 06 June 2020
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 3,890 per person
- All meals at the lodge (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Herping/photography guide, who is going to lead excursions during the night and daytime (the reserve rangers are always happy to help providing valuable field information)
- Diurnal and nocturnal activities, options and times are shown on the itinerary
- Fees and entrance to reserve for the whole stay
- Drinkable water, very safe to refill bottles
- Private land transfers
- International and local flights
- Snacks, alcoholic drinks
- Tips for staff/guide
- Airport transfer to/from hotel in Quito
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Tropical Herping‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Tropical Herping‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Mindo is the most herpeto-diverse cloud forest in the world. This magical forest is home 120 amphibian and reptile species. You will spend two nights in this ecosystem, mostly hiking along streams at night while our guides help you photograph glass frogs, rain frogs and anoles.
The Chocó rainforest in Ecuador has more species of amphibians and reptiles per km2 than any other area outside the Amazon basin. Up to 130 species may be found in a single locality. Unlike the Amazon rainforest, however, the Chocó rainforest is under explored and in Ecuador less than 20% of this ecosystem remains.
The upper Amazon basin is regarded as the most biodiverse region on Earth. Nowhere else on the planet can 253 species of amphibians and reptiles be found in the same locality. The Amazon rainforest is also the habitat of some of the most iconic animals, including the green anaconda, the black caiman, and the Surinam toad. You will spend five intense days in the Ecuadorian Amazon, photographing animals found both during forest hikes or while navigating along streams on a motorized or dugout canoe.
Depart back to Quito today for your flight back home.