- 7 Days from$940 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Experience the diverse wildlife in Nepal with this superb jungle safari. Start in the beautiful city of Kathmandu then head towards Nepal’s first national park, Chitwan, established in 1973. Located in the southwestern part of Nepal, covering an area of 932 sq km, it’s a sanctuary to endangered species such as the one-horned rhino, Royal Bengal tiger, pangolins and many more. Chitwan National Park was enlisted on the World Heritage list in 1976.
The Chitwan jungle safari is comprised of an array of jungle activities including jeep safari, bird watching, canoeing, boating and more. One can choose their desired medium to explore the national park such as jeep ride, on foot. During the safari, one can spot a wide range of animals and birds such as one-horned rhinoceros, four different species of deer, monkeys, wild boars, leopards, sloths, Bengal tiger (if you are lucky enough) and more than 500 species of birds. It also houses 126 species of fish, 590 species of butterflies and 47 species of reptiles in the area.
If you are a green panther then you can as well enjoy a jungle walk during dusk or dawn. Another exciting part of this trip is Tharu cultural shows, where you can observe distinct Tharu culture and enjoy the evening at Chitwan. The pace of the safari tour is absolutely easy. Apart from short walks during the tour, there aren’t any strenuous walks involved. Anyone irrespective of the age and physical condition can be a part of this tour.
- Safari types:Cultural Safari, Jungle Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Chitwan National Park
- Wildlife:Royal Bengal tiger, Elephant, One-horned rhino, Deer, Leopard, Sloth bear, Pangolin, Wild boar, Monkeys, Birds
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Canoe, Nature Walk, Optional Activities, Village Visit, Birding
- Getting around:Game Viewing Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kathmandu, end in Kathmandu
- Minimum age:2
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 940 per person
Single supplement – from USD 1440 per person
- 24/7 assistance
- 2 nights’ accommodation in standard rooms in a standard hotel in Kathmandu on twin/double sharing basis with breakfast and 4 nights’ accommodation in Chitwan on full board basis with jungle activities ;
- Airport transfers on a private vehicle
- Deluxe Coach transportation: Kathmandu-Chitwan-Kathmandu
- Full board in Chitwan: meals (B, L, D), activities, English speaking guide, transfers
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- All expenses for staffs –meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation
- Sim card (zero balance)
- Map of Chitwan National Park
- Certificate of appreciation (if requested)
- Souvenir from Nepal
- International flights
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Dinner and lunches in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Chitwan National Park entrance fee (paid once)
- Tips for guide(s), driver(s)
- Optional activities other than mentioned in the itinerary
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Swotah Travel and Adventure‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Swotah Travel and Adventure‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our representative will be at the airport to receive you. After arrival, you will be directly transferred to the hotel. We will discuss the itinerary of our trip over dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kathmandu.
After having breakfast, we will depart from Kathmandu to Chitwan National Park. Enjoying a scenic drive of around 5-6 hours we reach Sauraha, Chitwan. Upon arrival, we will have lunch and a free afternoon. Dinner at the hotel and overnight stay in Chitwan.
Early in the morning, after breakfast, we will go for a wilderness walk and bird watching in the national park followed by a visit to the Tharu village and museum. You can try ox-cart riding too for an authentic experience as it is a traditional mode of transport of the Tharu people. In addition, if you are interested in canoeing, it can be conducted on the Rapti River inside the national park. An evening walk around Chitwan National Park is one of the best things to do and we will explore the surroundings on foot for an hour. In the evening, watch the Tharu cultural show. Overnight will be at the hotel in Chitwan.
On this day, after breakfast, we will go for a jeep safari to observe the wide range of fauna that can be found in the national park followed by a fascinating walk in the forest. Overnight stay at the hotel in Chitwan.
This day is a free day for relaxation – you can choose from different options such as spa, massage, Jacuzzi, and much more. Overnight will be at the hotel in Chitwan.
After breakfast, we will depart from Chitwan to Kathmandu. On the way, we will pay a visit to Lamo Jharana, which is an approximately 60 m long waterfall. Reaching Kathmandu, you will be directly transferred to the hotel and then we’ll have a farewell dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Depending on your flight time you will be transferred to the airport by our representative. The airport check-in is 3 hours prior to the departure time and the hotel checkout time is usually 12 pm.