5 Days from$490 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Bardia National Park is one of Nepal’s largest national parks, located in the southwestern part of the country in the Bardia district, bordered by River Karnali in the west and Churia range in the north with the Babai river flowing right through the park. The thick forest of sal, savannah forest and grasslands are the homeland of royal Bengal tiger, which is the prime attraction of the park, together with other animals such as one-horned rhinos, 53 other different mammals, more than 400 species of birds, and several varieties of reptiles and water animals. Some of the other animals found here are elephants, swamp deer, blackbuck, gharial crocodile and mugger crocodiles. The water Gangetic dolphin is also commonly seen in River Karnali.
Safari types:Birding Safari, Jungle Safari, Tiger Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Bardia National Park, Kathmandu
Wildlife:Royal Bengal Tiger, Elephant, One-Horned Rhino, Deer, Leopard, Wild Boar, Monkeys, Birds, Gharial, Crocodile, Black-faced Languar, Swamp Deer
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Nature Walk, Birding
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Domestic Flight
Start/end:Start/end in Kathmandu
- Royal Bengal Tiger – seeing the endangered royal Bengal tiger in its jungle habitat
- Tharu Cultural Dance – watch a typical western Tharu Cultural performance
- Wildlife – search for wildlife such as swamp deer, one horned rhino, royal Bengal tiger, monkeys and much more
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 490 per person
- Two nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B&B basis
- Two nights resort accommodation in Bardia on full board basis
- Return airport transfers to hotel on a private tourist vehicle
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu domestic airfare
- English speaking local guide
- Tour/safari permits, entrance fees
- All government taxes and official expenses
- International flights
- Visa fees and travel insurance
- All drinks including bottled/boiled water along the trekking route
- Lunch and dinner in the Kathmandu city
- Personal equipment
- Anything not mentioned in the price includes
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Apex Asia Holidays‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Apex Asia Holidays‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Welcome to Nepal! Our airport representative will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Today you take a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. On arrival you transfer to Bardia National Park by tourist private vehicle. Once when you reach the resort, you’ll meet the guest relations officer with a welcome drink. After lunch the jungle safari guide will take you into the jungle on elephant back, an amazing experience getting close to the wildlife of the jungle. In the evening, the walk gives you a stunning sunset view. Return to the resort for dinner a 8 pm.
An early morning wake up then set off for bird watching, jungle safari and elephant safari before heading back to the resort for breakfast. Walk to Karnali River through the grasslands, which take about an hour, and then take a local boat to see the crocodiles. Floating towards the camp, here you enjoy lunch. Afterwards, in the late afternoon go back into the jungle and the banks of the Babi River. Along the trail you can see the many birds and mammals.
In the morning enjoy tea/coffee before being taken into the jungle for the last chance to watch birds and possible see some animals. Back to the camp for breakfast then drive to Nepaljung Airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
Today your safari ends and our airport representative will transfer you to the airport for your final departure flight.