- 8 Days from$3019 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Explore some of northern Tanzania’s superb wildlife spots – Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti – on this exceptional wildlife safari. Tanzania is a blessed destination with its amazing national parks, abundance of wildlife and more than 1,000 recorded species of birds. Begin your adventure by exploring the elephant’s paradise, Tarangire National Park, and see these creatures in their natural habitat. In Lake Manyara discover the rich variety of bird life including clouds of pink flamingos and other water birds. Head to the sweeping plains of the Serengeti where game viewing is superb all year round and then encounter the spectacle of the Ngorongoro Crater floor, home to Africa’s Big 5 and a wide range of other wildlife.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara NP, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Blue Monkey, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog, Mongoose, Bush Baby, Topi, Grant's Gazelle
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Nature Walk, Village Visit, Birding, Cultural Experience, UNESCO Site
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Minimum age:2
- Keep your eyes peeled for the prolific birdlife of Tanzania
- Meet the locals who will make your experience unforgettable
- Incredible game drives in search of Africa’s big five
- Admire Tarangire dotted baobab landscape with amazing sightings of elephants
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 3,019 per person
- Accommodation, meals & drinking water
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Transportation in a 4×4 Land Cruiser
- Unlimited game drives
- All mentioned activities
- Tea & coffee stops during safari,
- Sundowner in Serengeti National Park
- Meet & greet & airport transfer after the safari
- National park fees
- AMREF Flying Doctors rescue fee
- Flights & visas
- Balloon safari in Serengeti (optional)
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips & gratuities
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Enticing Journeys‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Enticing Journeys‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Two days exploring Tarangire
You leave Arusha after breakfast with a picnic lunch packed safely away. The Rift Valley landscape drifts past as your guide heads for Tarangire National Park, the least visited reserve on the itinerary but one capable of delivering fantastic game viewing. Home to Tanzania’s biggest elephant population, Tarangire supports large numbers of buffalo, giraffe, zebra, and many antelope species, most evident during the dry season when concentrations of animals at the life-giving Tarangire River are at their peak. Your accommodation – Sangaiwe Tented Camp –lies on the edge of the park, a corridor to the elephants when they are moving out of the park. From here you will explore the park’s rich habitat for two days, and during the months of June-October, the park burst into life as all the migratory wildebeest, zebra, kudu, oryx and eland are called by the life-giving Tarangire River.
- Main Destination: Tarangire National Park
- Meal Plan: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Accommodation: Sangaiwe Tented Camp
Leaving the camp after a relaxed breakfast, we drive north passing some Maasai villages as your guides give the orientation of Tanzania people and culture. Before long you will reach the village of Mto Wa Mbu. This village is unique in Tanzania since it is home to over 120 different tribes from across Tanzania and forms a colorful mix of languages and customs. Your walking guide will take you to rice and banana plantations, a local beer factory, a school, and a carving factory. Discover the traditional way of life of the villagers, followed by a local lunch, then proceed to the campsite.
The next day after breakfast enter Lake Manyara National Park. Nestled under the Great Rift Valley, this is a small game area with the biggest diversity of habitat than the big Serengeti National Park. A spectacular part of Africa’s Great Rift Valley, Lake Manyara’s rich variety of natural habitats are set around the soda lake, itself a haven for clouds of pink flamingos and other water birds. This is a paradise for birding enthusiasts! The forested valleys and open savannah plains support a large elephant population as well as giraffe, buffalo, and many antelope species. There are fewer predators but topping the list are Lake Manyara’s lions, famous for their habit of climbing trees.
- Main Destination: Lake Manyara National Park
- Meal Plan: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Accommodation: Nsya Lodge
Two days exploring Serengeti
After a leisurely breakfast at the camp, we set out for the endless open plains and stunning skies of Serengeti National Park – a famous migration corridor and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you’ll have a chance to witness the great migration of wildebeest and zebra. Depending on the time of the year, the migration is within the southern grass plains and the central part during the months of December-May. Within these two days, we will explore the park rich habitats for the big cats who rule the plains, Serengeti is home to lion, leopard, hippo, cheetah, giraffe, eland, warthog and hyrax. The plains are dotted with mammoth rock out-crop, swamps, valleys, acacia tree lines, and riverine habitats, in the central part, marking game-viewing good throughout the year.
- Main Destination: Serengeti National Park (central)
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Accommodation: Mawe Tented Camp
Explore Serengeti on foot
Today we will leave the camp at around 7:00 am and proceed on a walking safari in the heart of Serengeti. A walking adventure in the bush provides a new perspective on the African landscape and its many residents. Tread across the vast plains of the Serengeti National Park, accompanied by an Enticing journey guide and an armed park ranger, with great knowledge of area and wildlife, it is the perfect setting to appreciate nature. The slow pace of the walk combined with the interpretative skills of the guides will open your eyes to a new and fascinating world. Stroll along paths walked by untamed wildlife and immerse yourself into the raw essence of life in the bush.
Spend 2-3 hours out in the bush, with the chance to encounter wildlife such as giraffes, buffaloes, impala and ostrich. These guided walks bring you closer to nature, leaving lasting impressions from an ancient culture, and an appreciation for a simpler way of life. After return to the camp for breakfast and proceed to Ngorongoro with game viewing on the way, stop for your delightful lunch under the acacia trees and proceed to your accommodation Farm of Dreams for dinner and overnight.
- Main Destination: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Meal Plan: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Accommodation: Farm of Dreams
Explore the crater floor
Leave your lodge very early in the morning and descends, 610 meters down to the grasslands of the crater floor, an area of about 265 square kilometers. Despite its small size, the crater is Big 5 country and the openness of the terrain means easy and rewarding game viewing. You will spend the day exploring the crater floor, stopping to picnic on the grasslands amidst the grazing herds.
Formed by a massive volcanic eruption, the world’s largest intact and un-flooded caldera provides a year-round home to an astonishing 25,000 large mammals including black rhino, wildebeest, and zebra along with Africa’s densest concentrations of hyena. The crater’s forests shelter elephant and buffalo, its wetlands are home to hippos and flamingos while lions, jackals, leopards, and caracals make up the full range of predators. Late afternoon leave the crater behind and drive back to Arusha and you will be dropped at your accommodation, Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha Airport
- Main Destination: Ngorongoro Crater
- Meal Plan: Breakfast & lunch