- 6 Days from$850 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Budget, Mid Range
This safari consists of a three-day trip to Nyerere National Park, formerly known as Selous Game Reserve, and a three-day trip to Mikumi National Park, giving you a thrilling wildlife, culture and nature experience in Tanzania’s beautiful wilderness. This safari starts and ends in Dar es Salaam.
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Selous Game Reserve, Mikumi National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Buffalo, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Dik Dik, Forest Pig, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck, Warthog, Mongoose, Topi
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Dar es Salaam, end in Dar es Salaam
- Minimum age:5 and above
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 850 per person all included
- Return transfers Dar es Salaam/Selous
- Lodge accommodation & three meals per day
- Private safari vehicle & guide
- Boat safari
- Walking safari
- Daily big bottle of water
- Park fees
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic & soft drinks
- Tips & personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Twins Adventure and Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Twins Adventure and Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be picked up from Dar es Salaam airport or nearby hotel and then driven to Selous Game Reserve, which is now called Nyerere National Park. Enjoy lunch at the hotel then go on a boat safari on the Rufiji River for several hours before returning to the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Today you will wake up early in the morning for a full day game drive. The Selous Reserve offers a diversity of fauna and flora – you will be amazed by the wildlife and nature. See lakes hosting an array of aquatic fauna, magnificent baobab trees, extended plains, hills, bush and forest. In the forest, you will pass by giraffes, elephants, warthogs, rare wild dogs, birds, monkeys, the list goes on. At lunch time you will be offered a rich meal box to enjoy together with some relaxation. You continue with the game drive until the evening and then return to your accommodation.
You will be picked up in the morning from Nyerere National Park (Selous Game Reserve) and make your way to Mikumi National Park. Immediately upon your arrival at Mikumi you will begin a walking safari to visit with the local Masai people. You will also visit the nearby Uluguru mountain. Later you will return to Mikumi Safari Lodge for your overnight stay.
Today you will wake up early in the morning for a full day game drive. Drive through the plains of the Mikumi savanna searching for lions, elands, hartebeests, buffalos, wildebeests, giraffes, zebras, elephants, wild dogs, and a large variety of birds. After a break for lunch and a one-hour rest, you will continue to explore Mikumi National Park until the evening before returning to the safari lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Depart in the morning for Dar es Salaam, enjoying a game drive en route. You will be dropped off at any of the hotels located in Dar es Salaam or the airport.