- 5 Days from$2000 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Mid Range
This Uganda safari offers the best experiences, including chimpanzee tracking, in Queen Elizabeth National Park with its magnificent crater lakes, vast savanna plains, lush vegetation and remarkable wildlife. The safari will bring you close to 100 species of mammals and around 600 types of birds which dwell in the park. Animal species include hippos, forest hogs and Uganda kobs which are all commonly seen on the magnificent Mweya Peninsula in its beautiful waterfront location within the shadows of Mountain Rwenzori. Isolated Ishasha Sector has resident tree-climbing lions, the Maramagambo forest is home to diverse species of monkeys plus birds, the crater lakes attract thousands of beautiful pink flamingos while in the Kyambura Gorges habituated chimpanzees live.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Hyena, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Rhino, Giraffe, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
- Minimum age:15
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Climbing lions game drive
- Crossing the equator
- Boat cruises
- Bird watching
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,450 for 1 person
From USD 2,000 per person for 2 people
From USD 1,800 per person for 3+ people
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Game drives
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Park entry fees
- Flight & visas
- Tips for the guides
- Drinks during and after meals
- Personal expenditure e.g. souvenirs
- Personal health/third party/travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our experienced driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel/airport and drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park in western Uganda. The journey has beautiful views of the tea plantations and we stop in Fort Portal for lunch on the way. Afterwards we continue the drive to our destination passing crater lakes, mountain ranges, banana plantations as well as crossing the Equator line. Proceed to the Queen Elizabeth National Park where we are spending the night inside the park as we prepare for the following day.
After breakfast we will go for a morning game drive looking for wildlife such as lions, elephants, hippos, hyenas, leopards, impalas, buffalos, Ugandan kobs and many others as well as numerous bird species. After the game drive, we go back to the hotel for lunch before getting ready for an afternoon or evening boat cruise when we hope to see wildlife coming down to the water’s edge to drink.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we go chimpanzee tracking as well as another chance of seeing other animals while you’re tracking the chimps within the park. After chimpanzee tracking, we drive to another destination for another night as we get ready for the next day’s activity, a game drive to see the famous tree-climbing lions and other species.
In the morning we will head out on a game drive where we expect to see the tree-climbing lions which Queen Elizabeth National Park is known for as well as other wildlife. After the game drive, we come back to the hotel for lunch, rest for a while and get ready for the following day’s departure.
After breakfast, we will start our journey back to Kampala, either to a hotel or to the airport.