- 4 Days from$1354 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Mkama Tours to Tanzania offers the best affordable short Tanzania safari in the northern circuit national parks: Tarangire National Park, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater. This safari is ideal for those with limited time and for those with the Big Five on their bucket list! Experience Tarangire with its wild and unkempt beauty, the huge Serengeti where every day brings a new landscapes and new adventures and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, featuring one of the highest concentrations of game and arguably the densest population of predators and carnivores in Africa.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Camping Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area & Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wildebeest
- Activities:Game Drive, Village Visit
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 1,350 per person
- Transport in 4×4 safari vehicle with pop up roof
- All accommodation – 3 nights on safari and 1 night in Arusha
- All entry/park fees
- All airport transfers – pick up and drop off
- Mineral water each day while on safari
- International flights
- Visas and airport taxes
- Laundry services
- Items of personal nature
- Tips for guide and cook
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Mkama Tours to Tanzania‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Mkama Tours to Tanzania‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Day one of your Tanzania safari will start after breakfast when you are picked up from your hotel. Drive to Tarangire National park with a picnic lunch proceeding with a game drive in the middle of the park. Tarangire features some of the greatest concentration of game in Tanzania – second only to the Ngorongoro Crater – but it’s less crowded and unspoiled. Expect to see herds of elephants of 10-20 and sometimes up to 30, while don’t forget to look at the top of trees as you might spot a leopard. You may also see buffalo, impala, zebras, warthogs, giraffe and much more. Explore the park until late evening drive when you drive to Mbweha Campsite / Eileen’s Trees Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Early breakfast and pack all the camping gear in the safari jeep ready to leave the camp. Depart to the Serengeti National Park via Manyara through the Rift Valley escapements. There’s an option to visit a Masai village on your way to the Serengeti. You reach this impressive national park, a massive wilderness of 14,500 square km, by the evening and enjoy an evening game drive towards Pimbi Campsite / Kati Kati Tented Campsite where you have dinner and overnight.
Wake up early in the morning at 6 am and after a hot cup of coffee you will leave the campsite for a morning game viewing in the heart of Serengeti National Park while enjoying the beautiful sun rise. Sometimes there’s a chill in the morning so don’t forget some warm clothes. Continue with the game drive until midday and drive back to the camp for brunch. Later on leave the camp for Ngorongoro Conservation Area with game drives en route to Ngorongoro Simba Campsite / Rhino Lodge for dinner and overnight.
One the last day of your Tanzania Safari take a short drive to the descending gate and drive down to the crater floor, 650 meters deep, for a half-day crater safari. The crater has permanent water throughout the year and therefore a great number of resident animals which prefer to stay even though they are free to come in and out of the crater. If you’re lucky you might see rhinoceros. After your picnic lunch ascend to the crater rim and back to camp. Pack up the camping gear and drive to Tulia Lodge in Arusha for overnight.