- 3 Days from$1500 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This compact northern Tanzania safari is a fantastic wildlife experience, packed with game viewing, including the big five, and beautiful African landscapes in Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National Park.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Lake Manyara NP, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Eland, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Moshi, end in Arusha/Moshi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,500 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Transportation in 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English speaking guide
- Mineral water
- Camping fee
- National park fees
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal spending money
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Open Plains Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Open Plains Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast the tour departs. First stop is Arusha town for any last minute purchases before we head off on safari. Afterwards we head towards Tarangire National Park for a game drive with picnic lunch at the park. Tarangire is well known for its huge elephant population and baobab trees. It forms the centre of an annual migratory cycle that includes up to 3,000 elephants, 25,000 wildebeest and 30,000 zebras.
Dinner and overnight at Private or Public Campsite
After an early breakfast, you will descend over 600 meters into Ngorongoro Crater to view its superb wildlife. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area supports a vast variety of animals, which includes herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is its dense population of predators, which includes lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot.
Dinner and overnight at Public or Private Campsite
After breakfast we head to Lake Manyara National Park, which offers breathtaking views and a large variety of habitats: Acacia woodlands, water forests, baobab strewn cliffs, algae-streaked hot springs, swamps and the lake itself. And thanks to this variety, the small park is able to support a large number of animal species and incredible bird life. Lake Manyara has the largest concentration of baboons anywhere in the world and the lions here are also renowned for their tree climbing abilities. Late afternoon transfer to Arusha/Moshi or the airport for drop off.