- 3 Days from$400 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Budget, Mid Range
Tanzania’s remarkable Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest reserves in the world, with a huge elephant population. It was named after Englishman Sir Frederick Selous, a famous big game hunter and early conservationist, who died here in 1917 fighting against the Germans. Selous National Park safaris have the added bonuses of guided bush walks, boat safaris and 4×4-based game-viewing, providing a more diverse experience than safaris in other reserves. In addition, there are good chances of seeing wild dogs here while birdlife is prolific.
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Selous Game Reserve
- Wildlife:Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Buffalo, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Dik Dik, Giant Tortoise, Blue Monkey, Forest Pig, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck, Warthog, Mongoose, Bush Baby
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Dar es Salaam, end in Dar es Salaam
- Minimum age:5 and above
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 400 per person all inclusive
- Return transfers Dar es Salaam/Selous
- Lodge accommodation & three meals per day
- Private safari vehicle & guide
- Boat safari
- Walking safari
- Daily big bottle of water
- Park fees
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic & soft drinks
- Tips & personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Twins Adventure and Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Twins Adventure and Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
In the morning after breakfast, you will be picked up from Dar es Salaam airport and driven directly to Selous Game Reserve. Soon after your arrival, you will check into the lodge then join an evening boat safari on the Rufiji River, which lasts 3 to 4 hours. Your overnight stay will be at an African camp.
In the morning after breakfast, you will be picked up for a full day game drive inside Selous Game Reserve. In the afternoon, you will stop for lunch inside the game reserve. The game drive will last for 11 hours with a stopover for lunch and ending at 6.00 pm. In the evening, head back to the lodge for your overnight stay.
The Selous Reserve offers a diversity of fauna and flora – you will be amazed by the wildlife and nature. See lakes hosting an array of aquatic fauna, magnificent baobab trees, extended plains, hills, bush and forest. In the forest, you will pass by giraffes, elephants, warthogs, rare wild dogs, birds, and monkeys.
Early in the morning, you will be picked up for a bush walking safari that will last for 3 hours. You’ll then head back to the camp for breakfast before departing to Dar es Salaam.