- 6 Days from$2355 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This safari takes you on a journey through some of the most pristine and extraordinary wilderness areas of northern Botswana: Moremi Game Reserve and Khwai Concession Area. During this six-day whirlwind wildlife-watching tour, you’ll encounter herds of elephants, Cape buffaloes, and spot big cats lurking along the waterways in the rich wetlands of the Xakanaxa Lagoon in the Moremi Game Reserve, while at night you’ll be camping in the stunning wilderness.
- Safari types:Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve, Maun, Khwai Concession
- Wildlife:Birds, Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo, Buffalo, Zebra, Lion, Leopard, Hyena, Wild Dog, Red Lechwe, Impala, Waterbuck
- Activities:Game Drive, Mokoro, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Maun, end in Maun
- Minimum age:12
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,355 per person
- Tented accommodation
- All meals and selected drinks
- Professional guide
- Chef & camp assistant
- Park fees
- Flights & visas
- Additional accommodation before and after the tour
- Items of personal nature & laundry
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Crocodile Tears Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Crocodile Tears Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Meet and greet by Crocodile Tears Safari professional guide at Maun International Airport. Then we will head north towards Moremi Game Reserve for approximately 45km. From this point on we will be starting to enjoy the rich and diverse fauna and flora this area is famous for. We will spend the day exploring this wildlife-rich and diverse area enjoying the scenery and capturing these moments in our minds and experiencing the photographic opportunities of a lifetime. Moremi Game Reserve is in northern Botswana, in the Okavango Delta, which becomes a lush animal habitat during seasonal floods.
Spend two days exploring Moremi Game Reserve. Each day wake up call is at 05:30 am, you will have a light breakfast before departing for a morning game drive which will take you up until 11:00 am when you return to the camp for brunch. Afterwards you will leave the camp for a late afternoon game drive. Common sightings include elephants, buffalos, sable antelope, puku, impala, kudu, giraffe and sometimes lions/leopards as well as birdlife which is prolific. The morning game drive gives you an opportunity to see cats as they return from hunting on the previous night. You will return to the camp after sunset for dinner; a campfire will be lit for you to share stories around.
Wake up call is at 05:30 am, you will have a light breakfast then depart to Khwai Concession Area. Here, you can enjoy daily morning and evening game drives, as well as mokoro excursions. Look out for leopards lazing on tree branches, herds of elephants drinking at the water’s edge, and lions hidden in the long grass.
Early morning wake up and have breakfast. Morning game drive and back for lunch in camp. Siesta and then high tea in the afternoon and leave for mro ride in Khwai area. After sunset drive back to camp for dinner.
Khwai concession is a community-run private reserve adjacent to the Moremi Game Reserve, divided from it by the Khwai River. The river attracts high concentrations of thirsty wildlife. Riverine forest lines the wide water lily and papyrus-covered floodplains around the Khwai River. A myriad of colorful birdlife is found in this watery habitat. Away from the river and plains is thick mopane woodland dotted with pans that attract many animal species and where we often spot wild dogs.
Early morning wake up and have breakfast. Road transfer to Maun International Airport for your flight connections. End of Safari.