- 4 Days from$1300 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This is a four-day private camping tour accompanied by a guide/driver and chef. This budget tour is a camping best seller taking you around the famous north circuit parks: the Ngorongoro Crater one of the highlights with its beautiful landscapes and remarkable crater, Tarangire National Park, famous for its elephants, and Serengeti National Park, with its incredible wildlife and stunning scenery.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog, Mongoose
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:3
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,300 per person
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Rehoboth Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Rehoboth Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
We will pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 am, meet your guide, chef and other clients, then we drive to Tarangire National Park (2hr drive). Famous for its diverse landscape, the park is particularly known for its abundance of ancient baobab trees as well as the largest concentration of elephants in the whole country providing a unique chance to observe the interaction between elephant families. We will do a game drive through the park depending on where they are reported sightings of animals (mostly predators, lions, cheetah and leopards as they are harder to spot) as well as herbivores – giraffes, wildebeest, zebras and more of which there are plenty to see throughout the park. Later on we will go to the Tarangire River picnic site and enjoy the beautiful view of the river and animals while having lunch – small monkeys and baboons might try to scare you off your lunch but there is nothing to worry about! After lunch proceed with the game drive and exit the park around 4:30 pm.
After breakfast at 8:30 am we drive from Mto wa mbu to Serengeti National Park, which takes six hours (including all stops). It transits through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area where you stop. Visit a Maasai village (optional, extra cost USD10-20, 20-45 minutes) and explore the culture of the great Maasai tribe, known for chasing lions off their kill and hunting lions to be considered a warrior and drinking raw animal blood, although these traditions are a thing of the past. Arrive in Serengeti National Park in the late afternoon and do a game drive in Seronera (centre of Serengeti) until the late evening. Experience the sunset in Serengeti while having a close view of wild animals, you might be lucky enough to see a predator hunting or on a kill.
After an early breakfast (6:30 am) we will set off on an early game drive until the afternoon where will head to camp for lunch. Enjoy a game drive while we exit the Serengeti National Park, heading to Simba Campsite (2hrs drive) near rim of Ngorongoro Crater.
After an early breakfast we will descend the crater at 6:15 am on a journey to find the black rhino as well as a wealth of other wildlife on the crater floor. After lunch we will do a game drive and ascend at around 12:45 back to camp. Pack up and leave for the trip back to Arusha town.