What started out as a small tour operator of 10 staff back in 1991, has evolved into a huge family of over 150 dedicated team players! With over 25 incredible years of experience under our belt, it’s no wonder Borneo Eco Tours is recognised as the ‘Borneo Specialist’, and we can assure you that our impressive team of Tour Consultants and Specialist Guides are committed to making your holiday in Borneo a truly memorable one.
Every individual here at Borneo Eco Tours share the same core values, which are Commitment, Consistent, Competence, Character and Care.
- Commitment: Make our company a No. 1 service provider
- Consistent: Through passion for excellence
- Competence: Developing the leadership potential of our staff
- Character: Commitment to integrity, good attitude
- Care: Concern for the community and environment
Besides that, we strive to uphold our sustainable development agenda. Together with Sukau Rainforest Lodge and Borneo Ecotourism Solutions and Technologies (BEST) Society, we are adopting the Sustainable Development Goals as a guide in not just doing more good, but less harm. This is especially when we develop and implement any community and environmental projects throughout Sabah, Borneo.
We are also ecstatic to be an affiliate member of The Long Run, a non-profit organisation that brings together nature-based businesses from around the world with a shared value in sustainability. Being a member drives us to fulfil its core values that encompasses four crucial areas; Conservation, Community, Culture and Commerce (4Cs).
Here at Borneo Eco Tours, travellers will be treated to a holiday experience that emphasises on these 4Cs.
- Conservation: Being an ecotourism company, conservation plays a huge part in who we are and what we do. Our most popular tours are focused on destinations that contribute to the conservation efforts here in Borneo.
- Community: There are several community-based tourism products in Borneo that we support and offer. And when travellers choose us as their travelling companion, they are also supporting the community here in Borneo.
- Culture: To truly experience and get to know a country, cultural immersion is your best bet. That is why we give travellers a chance to get to know Borneo and its beautiful people through the variety of cultural tours we offer.
- Commerce: We do our best as a responsible tour operator, and by understanding that our company is inter-dependent on our beautiful environment and the local communities here, we are able to create a sustainable business that continues to thrive in the industry.