- 5 Days from$1309 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Be enchanted by Tanzania’s beauty and wildlife on this camping safari as you visit four of its very best national parks and conservation areas. Tarangire is famous for having one of the largest elephant populations in Africa while the Serengeti conjures up images of exploration, dramatic landscapes and exhilarating wildlife. The Ngorongoro Crater is Africa’s ‘Garden of Eden’ and Lake Manyara National Park features the largest concentration of baboons and the alkaline waters of Lake Manyara which are encrusted with rosy feathered flamingos.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Giant Tortoise
- Activities:Game Drive, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:5 years
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,309 per person
- Transport in a 4×4 Land Cruiser with open roof
- Campsite, tent and mattress
- Professional English speaking safari guide and chef
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- 1.5 bottle of water per day plus tea and coffee with meals
- Park fees
- Flights & visas
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for safari guide and chef
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
- Extra activities such as hot air ballooning in Serengeti and Maasai village visit
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Africa Natural Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Africa Natural Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart from Arusha in the morning and drive to Tarangire National Park. Here you’ll discover the enormous deserted termite mounds and ancient baobab trees, the colossal herds of African elephants which dominate the golden savannah and the screeching flocks of the striking yellow collared lovebird which can be heard from miles away. The wildlife that roams the scenic landscape of the Tarangire includes lions, giraffes, warthogs, ostriches, impalas, cheetah, mongoose, buffaloes and baboons. You will spend your first night at the Kizumba Camp, where comprehensive camping facilities are on offer. There will be a tantalizing dinner served in the evening.
Overnight: Kizumba Camp
Depart for the Serengeti National Park once you have finished your appetising breakfast. If you are lucky you may encounter the odd animal en route as we pass via the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater. Tanzania’s oldest and most frequented national park, Serengeti National Park is also a world heritage site and one of the ‘Ten Natural Travel Wonders of the World’. It’s renowned for the annual migration and ever growing wildlife population. We will enjoy a picnic lunch on one of the kopjes (rock outcropping) before our game drive ventures further into the park. Afterwards we proceed to the Serengeti Nyani Camp where you will be provided with comprehensive camping facilities and an appetizing meal.
Overnight: Nyani Camp
We will begin our day with an early morning game drive in the central Serengeti. The savannah is an active landscape and the air is flooded with the melodies birds create as the regenerated sunlight starts to illuminate the full landscape. Your guide will study the prints on the ground to pursue predators. We will travel to the Simba Campsite, located near the rim of the crater. You will be provided with dinner and satisfactory camping facilities.
Overnight: Simba Campsite
Not many safari destination produce the same experience as the Ngorongoro Crater – the game viewing is simply effortless. Most animals remain within the crater due to its high walls and it’s the perfect location to view every member of the ‘Big 5’ in one day. We will have a wonderful picnic lunch inside the crater. The unfilled caldera is also home to hyenas, hippo, zebra, wildebeest and an impressive variety of water birds. Your guide will enlighten you by sharing facts about the animals and vegetation as well as locating hidden animals.
Overnight: Public Camping at Simba
Nestled at the base of the Great Rift Valley Escarpment, Lake Manyara National Park provides picturesque, varying scenery. We will have a picnic lunch in the beautiful park. Assorted habitats including rainforests, the Soda Lake and the savannah support the highly diverse ecosystem. With over 400 bird species, some of which are migratory, the reserve is a birdwatcher’s delight. Lake Manyara houses the legendary tree climbing lions as well as buffalo, elephants, giraffe, impalas and hippos. We will back to Arusha in the late afternoon.