3 Days from$2300 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
In Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, which covers an area of 321 sq km and is among the oldest forests at 25,000 years old, experience the amazing adventure of trekking to find one of the 12 habituated mountain gorilla groups. You will also have an opportunity to see other primates such as red-tailed monkeys, chimpanzees, baboons, black and white colobus monkeys among others. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is home for 120 mammals, 51 reptiles, 310 butterfly species, 27 species of frogs, geckos, chameleons, 163 tree species, 104 fern species, 1,000 flowering plants, as well as over 350 species of birds such as the hornbills and the turaco.
Safari types:Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Trekking Safari
You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Red-tailed Monkey, Black & White Colobus
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
Price Per Person – USD
- From USD 2,300 for 1 person
- From USD 1,900 per person for 2 people travelling
- From USD 1,700 per person for 3 or more people travelling
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals (2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinner)
- English speaking guide
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Flights & visas
- Airport drop off (unless asked for)
- Tips for the guides
- Personal health/third party/travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our experienced driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel/airport early in the morning for the drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the western part of Uganda. On the way stop at the equator for photos. We will pass Lake Mburo National Park and might see some wildlife such as zebras on the way. Half way we shall stop for lunch then continue with the journey to our Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where we get ready for the following day’s activity.
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up and take you to the starting point for gorilla tracking. There will be a briefing as you’re given groups/tracking team. Gorilla trekking takes around 2–8 hours, which is so worth it, not only to see these remarkable creatures but also to enjoy hiking in the rolling hills and lush vegetation. Depending on the availability of permits at the time of your confirmation, you may do gorilla tracking from Buhoma, Rushaga or Ruhija. Afterwards, the guide will be waiting to take you back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for departure the next day.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we shall start our journey back to Kampala where you will be dropped at your hotel or the airport.