- 14 Days from$5700 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Mid Range
This safari will take you from central to western Uganda, giving you an opportunity to see the diverse flora and fauna of Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National Parks savannah and Kibale and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Parks rainforest, including chimpanzees, gorillas and much more. A perfect combination of nature, culture and wildlife, on this safari you spend your nights at the best mid-range accommodations in Uganda while listening to the amazing sounds of the wilderness around you.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Cultural Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale National Park, Lake Mburo, Murchison Falls National Park, Lake Bunyonyi, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Cheetah, Zebra, Hyena, Antelope, Red-tailed Monkey, Golden Monkey, Hippo, Crocodile, Bush Buck, Rhino, Giraffe, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk, Sightseeing Tour, Village Visit, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
- City around Kampala
- Ugandan snack called “Rolex”
- Gorilla tracking
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Climbing lions game drive
- Visiting 5 national parks
- Close encounter with the wildlife
- Crossing the Equator
- Lake Bunyonyi boat ride
- Swamp walk
Price Per Person – USD
- From USD 6,900 for 1 person
- From USD 5,700 per person for 2 people travelling
- From USD 4,900 per person for 3 or more people travelling
- Accommodation, meals (13 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 13 dinners) & snacks
- English speaking guide
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- All park entry fees
- Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Flights & visas
- Drinks during and after the meals
- Tips for the guides
- Personal health/third party/travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our experienced driver/guide will be waiting for you at the airport to transfer you to your hotel for the night.
In the morning after breakfast, our guide will be picking you up from the hotel for a tour around Kampala. Visit places such as Gadafi Mosque, Uganda Museum, King’s Palace, Bahai Temple, Kasubi Tombs and many others. You will then go for a local lunch before being transferred back to your hotel to get ready for the next day’s journey.
Our experience driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel early in the morning and drive to Murchison Falls National Park. On arrival in the park, have lunch and get ready for the afternoon game drive where you will see animals like giraffes, hippos, elephants and many others. After the game drive, go back to the hotel for dinner and have a briefing with the guide about the next day activities. Spend the night inside the park.
Very early in the morning at around 5 am, wake up and get ready for the morning game drive. Afterwards, come back to the hotel for lunch followed by an afternoon boat cruise, where you will be able to see many beautiful birds such as kingfishers and animals including hippos and crocodiles. After the boat cruise, return to the hotel for dinner and have a small briefing about the next long journey to Fort Portal.
In the morning, our guide will pick you up from the hotel and you will be transferred to Fort Portal in the western Uganda region. Stop and have our packed lunch in a shade and continue to Fort Portal for an overnight stay.
In the morning, you guide will pick you up and drive you to the hot springs after which you come back for lunch and a rest. In the afternoon or evening enjoy a crater lake walk.
In the morning there’s a short drive of less than 20 km to Kibale National Park for chimpanzee tracking as well as the chance to see bird species and reptiles. After chimpanzee tracking, return to the accommodation before a evening activity such as a swamp walk or community walk. After the activities, go back to the hotel and prepare for the next day.
In the morning after breakfast, you start the journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park, passing by the Equator, a cement factory and Mountain Rwenzori on the way. On arrival at the park, you can decide to do either a boat cruise or an evening game drive. Spend a night in the park.
Early in the morning after breakfast you will go for a morning activity (game drive or boat cruise). Afterwards drive to Ishasha for the night as the guide goes through the activity for the next day, a game drive to find the climbing lions and other species.
After breakfast, you go for a game drive to search for the tree climbing lions as well as other wildlife. After the game drive, immediately drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, ready for gorilla tracking the next day.
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up and take you to the starting point for gorilla tracking. There will be a briefing as you’re given groups/tracking team. Gorilla tracking might take up to 8 hours so you will be provided packed lunch. Afterwards, the guide will be waiting to take you back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for departure the next day.
In the morning drive to Lake Bunyonyi, the second deepest lake in Africa. Have lunch in a hotel on the shore of the lake and afterwards enjoy a boat trip to some of the islands on the lake as well as visit a Batwa village. Head back to the hotel for the night.
After breakfast, you set off to Lake Mburo National Park where you can do a night game drive and look for zebras, cats, and many others. Spend a night at one of the hotels in or near the park.
Early in the morning, we shall start our journey back to Kampala, stopping at the equator on the way for photos, experiments, souvenirs and probably lunch as well. Continue to Kampala airport or hotel.