- 4 Days from$898 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
An unforgettable encounter with humpback whales on Colombia’s Pacific Coast when they come to breed June-October. Home to rainforest, mangroves, virgin beaches and exceptional biodiversity, the coast’s warm waters attract migratory species including whales, turtles and birds. Explore on guided walks and boat trips. The hotel El Cantil is the perfect place to enjoy nature in a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. This hotel located in front of the Pacific Ocean enjoys a beautiful panoramic view of the beach and the jungle surrounding it. It is a great spot to watch the spectacle of humpback whales coming to breed in the area from late June to mid-October.
- Safari types:Coastal Safari, Whale Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Medellin, Bahia Solano, Ensenada de Utria Park, Guachalito
- Wildlife:Birds, Whales, Humpback Whale, Dophin, Turtle
- Activities:Walking Safari, Canoe, Boat Cruise, Diving, Snorkelling, Optional Activities
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, Motor Boat, Domestic Flight
- Start/end:Start/end in Medellin
Day 1 – Medellín – Bahia Solano
Day 2 – Bahia Solano
Day 3 – Bahia Solano – Nuqui – Guachalito
Day 4 – El Cantil Beach
Day 5 – El Cantil Beach – Nuqui – Medellín
Medellin and surroundings: Medellin is the second largest city in Colombia and is considered the economic capital. Since the end of drug cartels, the city has quickly expanded to become the most dynamic city in the country. It is also famous for its wealth of cultural activities, a variety of museums, theaters, art galleries, its active nightlife (especially the tango) and the many bars and nightclubs. Santa Fe de Antioqua, Jerico, Jardin and Guatape are unmissable villages of the region. The colonial architecture in the middle of the mountains, the plantations of bananas and coffee and the kindness of the farmers make Antioquia the richest region of Colombia.
Pacific Coast: Choco is one of the destinations out of the ordinary, where nature is breathtaking and unspoiled, and you will live an unique experience as well as culturally and spiritually. Adventurers will be able to walk on foot or on horseback on the paradisiacal beaches of Bahia Solano or within the lush vegetation of natural parks where you can admire the dance of humpback whales. This region is not only the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, but also the refuge of three national parks: Utría, Los Katíos and Tatamá.
Bogota and surroundings: Bogota, Colombia’s capital, is located at an altitude of 2,600 meters in the central region of Cundinamarca with close to 8 million inhabitants. Its main attractions include the colonial district of Candelaria, Bolivar Square, as well as many museums, historical monuments, shopping centers, and a renowned national and international cuisine. A few hours from the capital, you can visit the Laguna de Guatavita, an ancient indigenous site belonging to the Muisca community. Or head to Chingaza National Park to enjoy the “paramo” (a regional, treeless ecosystem) and visit the Siecha lagoons, Chicaque Park or the Salt Catheral in Zipaquira.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 898 per person for 2 people sharing (without domstic flights)*
From USD 814 per person for 4 people sharing (without domstic flights)*
Single supplement: USD 69
* Please note that prices are in US dollars based on the official IATA exchange rate of the day and mayincrease or decrease at the booking time depending on exchange rate and/or tourist season
- Transportation to the places indicated in the program
- Accommodation indicated in the program or equivalent
- Meals where indicated
- Activities and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Local professional guides, specialists of each region
- Our assistance 24/7
- International flights
- Tourist tax to be paid upon arrival in Bahia Solano (Colombian National $20.000 COP, Tourist $30.000 COP and children (11-18 yaers old of any nationality) $10.000 COP)
- Additional expenses not indicated in the itinerary
- Meals when not indicated (count between USD 5 and 15 per person per meal)
- Personal expenses
- Additional entrances not specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to National Parks, individual tourism taxes (airports of San Andres, Leticia, Nuqui, Bahia Solano, La Macarena and Cartagena piers) and also the San Agustín and Tierradentro Archaeological Parks (about 70.000 pesos per person)
- Medical and repatriation insurance
- Bank fees for credit card payment (4%)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Aventure Colombia‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Aventure Colombia‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Private transport from your hotel to Medellin Enrique Olaya Herrera airport, approximately 15 minutes, for your domesitc flight to Bahia Solano (baggage weight limit of 10 kilos, additional kilos can be paid at the airport.) Be welcomed at Bahia Solano airport and transfer to Ensenada de Utria Park. Time to settle into your room at the Jaïbana centre and receive an introduction to the management of the park and its ecosystems. This is where the Mano Cambiada Association was born. Its primary objective is to promote responsible and sustainable tourism and to support the development of social projects for local communities. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, taking your time to enjoy your surroundings.
Few destinations are as charming and mysterious as the Ensenada de Utria National Park. It is a bay of changing landscape, mangroves line the shore and is home to rich fauna and flora. The park is a unique natural place, sandwiched between the exuberant vegetation of the mountains of Chocó and the calm warm waters of the Pacific, attracting migratory species such as whales, turtles and some birds.
Accommodation: Ecolodge (lunch, dinner, breakfast)
Transport: Domestic flight, land 40 min, boat 40 min
After breakfast, depart in a canoe to reach the beach in front of the hotel. Once there and after listening to your guide’s advice, you will walk through the jungle to “Cocalito”. You can observe local wildlife and flora and enjoy a great underwater adventure during a snorkelling session in the middle of coral reefs. Return to your accommodation for lunch. Afternoon: boat tour to watch the whales and dolphins. From June to October, Pacific waters become a gathering place for these species. Be alert! Your encounter with the whales will certainly be unforgettable. Return to the hotel for dinner.
Accommodation: Ecolodge (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Activity: Walking excursion with local Spanish-speaking guide: 1h20
Transfer from Bahia Solano to Nuqui by boat where you’re pickded up and transferred onwards to the beaches of Guachalito. You’ll have time to settle into your room at El Cantil Ecolodge. The hotel offers a paradise for all nature lovers and travelers in search of a peaceful escape. Lunch on the beach of El Cantil. Afterwards, you’ll go for a walk in the surrounding area that will take you to the “Cascada del Amor” along completely untouched beaches. Return to your Eco-lodge facing the Pacific Ocean.
The Pacific Coast stretches from Panama to Ecuador over a distance of 1300 km. This region has the greatest biodiversity in the country but is the least populated. The Pacific is home to rainforests, mangroves, virgin beaches, an incredible biodiversity, and black communities of African descent.
El Cantil Hotel is the perfect place to enjoy the nature in a warm and comfortable building. Located in front of the sea, it offers an outstanding panoramic view over the jungle. The building offers cosy rooms, with terrace, where you would appreciate the amazing view over the ocean. Several activities are available like surfing, whales observation and trekking.
Accommodation: El Cantil Ecolodge in standard room (lunch, dinner, breakfast)
Transport: Boat 1hr30, boat 30 mins
Activity: Walking excursion with bilingual guide: 1hr
In the morning, you may enjoy some of the activities offered by your hotel (additional cost) such as diving and surfing. Lunch on El Cantil beach. With your guide in the afternoon, head to the village of Termales along the Terco River. During the walk you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the relaxing thermal waters. Return to your lodge at the end of the day.
Accommodation: El Cantil Ecolodge in standard room (lunch, dinner, breakfast)
Activity: Walking excursion with bilingual guide: 3hr
In the morning, return to Nuquí by boat. Transfer to the airport and take a flight to Medellín (baggage weight limit of 10 kilos, additional kilos can be paid at the airport).
Transport: Boat 45 min, domestic flight, land 30 min