- 8 Days from$2,773 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
A fabulous eight day/seven night tour taking in the very best of Slovenia’s wonderful nature – incredible landscapes and a vast range of wildlife including 276 bird species, 45 mammal species, 125 butterfly species and 15 amphibian species. Activities include a hot air balloon flight, kayaking, riding a bicycle through an old mine and swimming in one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. There’s ample opportunity to bird watch in the fabulous Notranjska Regional Park and from designated hides look for bears. Of course seeing bears is never guaranteed but if you’re lucky it’s an unforgettable experience!
- Safari types:Bear Safari, Birding Safari, Guided Safari
- You will visit:Julian Alps, Lake Bled, Notranjska Regional Park, Ljubljana, Cerknica Lake, Loski Potok, Logar Valley
- Wildlife:Birds, Brown Bear
- Activities:Walking Safari, Hiking, Kayak, Hot Air Balloon, Bicycle, Sightseeing Tour, Birding, White Water Rafting, Swimming, Canyoning
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Ljubljana Airport
- Observe the brown bear, Europe’s largest carnivore, in its natural habitat
- Fly over the Ljubljana marshes in a hot air balloon
- Discover a former lead-zinc mine by bike
- Visit the shepherds and its cows on Velika Planina Mountain
- Cerknica Lake, one of the largest intermittent lakes in Europe, is one of Slovenia’s biodiversity hotspots
- Breathe deeply and relax in extensive and unspoiled Slovenian woods
- Scroll through Ljubljana’s lovely old town and have a drink on Ljubljanica bank
- Dedicate a day to the picturesque Lake Bled
- Soak up the spectacular views of peaks in the Julian Alps
Price Per Person – EUR
From €2570 per person min 2 pax
From €1915 per person min 4 pax
From €1635 per person min 6 pax
Single room supplement €175
NB: The program is subject to change if the weather does not allow certain activities
Keep in mind that bear watching is done in the wild so seeing bears is not guaranteed
- 7 nights in 3* cottages, pensions or farms, in double rooms with private facilities
- 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners (drinks excluded)
- 6 snacks
- Transfers to/from Ljubljana airport
- Entrance fees according to the program; Ljubljana Castle, Mine
- All activities according to the program
- Bear watching
- Rental of all sports equipment
- Cable car ride to Velika Planina
- Transfers by car (2 pax) or van (3-8 pax)
- English speaking driver/guide
- Hotel taxes
- Service charges
- Anything not specified in price includes
Day by Day Overview
Arrival at Ljubljana Airport and transfer to your hotel. The Slovenian capital is an architectural gem with mixtures of baroque style, modernist Art Nouveau and the work of the architect Joze Plecnik amongst its special treasures. The city boasts several cultural events and an impressive social and nightlife. In the afternoon, we will soak it up walking through the old town. We will climb our way to the castle overlooking the city to enjoy the wonderful view. Overnight.
We will wake up early to embark on an amazing hot air balloon flight across Ljubljana and its surroundings. Then we’ll be on the road to the Carinthia region, where a former lead-zinc mine was active until the 90s of the last century. After the 800 km of galleries were shut down it became a museum. We will wander around just a small part with helmets on, lamps and… by bike! Drive to the hotel and time for a walk through the forests and meadows of this region bordering Austria. Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast we will continue on to Logarska Dolina, a valley surrounded by wonderful Savinja and Kamnik Alps and Karavanke mountains. We will spend the day hiking through the lush forests, discovering streams and waterfalls, hidden paths and the tranquility that characterizes these places. Dinner and overnight.
In the morning we will go to Kamniška Bistrica, where we will take the funicular to Velika Planina mountain (1666 m). Following signposts to “Pastirsko naselje”, we will arrive at the shepherds village, made of small wooden and circular huts, in which the shepherds live during the summer. You will have the opportunity to taste fresh dairy products that are made in this ethnological jewel of Velika Planina. Return to the valley and travel to Bled. Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast the day will be dedicated to water. With a professional kayak guide, we will discover one of the pure rivers of the Julian Alps, located near Bled. After spending all the energy paddling, we will have a free afternoon at Lake Bled. We recommend you relax and enjoy the incredible nature of the area. You cannot miss a swim in Lake Bled; it will fill us with the strength necessary to continue the journey. Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, drive to Kranjska Gora, a popular ski resort in the foothills of the Julian Alps. Here the road begins to climb up to the mountain pass Vrsic at 1611 m above sea level. We’ll stop at Lake Jasna, Russian chapel of the First World War, “the girl’s face” and “The Window”, both carved into the rock by nature. Down the valley of the river Soca, exceptional for its emerald color and its marmoreal trout. In Bovec prepare to experience fascinating canyoning or rafting (depending on water level). Dinner and overnight.
After breakfast we will continue the journey to Notranjska Regional Park, where we can find one of the largest intermittent lakes in Europe: Lake Cerknica. In the area there are; 276 bird species – one half of all European species; 45 mammal species – one half of all European species; 125 butterfly species – a little less than a third of all European species; 15 amphibian species spawn by the lake – nearly a quarter of all European amphibians. Biodiversity in this region is truly exceptional! In the afternoon we will continue to Loški Potok, our base for bear watching. In the evening we go to the woods to a designated hide to wait for the brown bear which usually feeds at this time of the day. An extraordinary and unforgettable experience. Please note that seeing bears is not guaranteed. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast followed by free time until your transfer to Ljubljana airport.
• Ljubljana (1 night): Hotel Park 3* (superior) or similar
• Jamnica (1 night): Ecohotel Koroš or similar
• Logar Valley (1 night): Penion Na Razpotju 3* or similar
• Bled (2 nights): Hotel Astoria 3* or similar
• Bovec (1 night): Hotel Boka 3* or similar
• Hrib-Loški Potok (1 night): Hotel Hrib 14 3* or similar