4 Days from$1870 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is home to half the world’s mountain gorillas. Seeing these gentle giants in their natural habitat is one of the most incredible wildlife encounters in the world. There are nine groups of mountain gorilla families which have been habituated, while only eight tourists per gorilla family are permitted to interact in a single day. As you trek along the trails in Bwindi you’ll see other attractions in this beautiful park including rivers, waterfalls and swamps, as well as other local wildlife.
Safari types:Gorilla Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Bwindi
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,870 per person, based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room
Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking is subject to availability of permits, which are limited to 8 per gorilla group per day and 6 per chimpanzee track per ½ day
- Any Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits required need to be paid for upfront when booking. As soon as funds clear in our account, we will go ahead and purchase.
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits cannot be held with the Uganda Wildlife Authority in advance of payment – they are only secured once physically paid for
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits are always 100% non-transferable and non-refundable
- All meals as per itinerary (hotels in Kampala or Entebbe are B&B)
- Drinks as per itinerary
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Water in the vehicle for overland sectors
- All ground transportation and transfers as indicated, inclusive of fuel
- Activities as per itinerary
- Game drives in a shared 4-wheel drive vehicle at lodges where indicated
- Ranger guide fees
- Park, conservation and community bed night fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits per person as per itinerary
- International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (Visa: US$ 50 per person for entry into Uganda, easily obtainable at the Airport)
- Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
- Drinks where not stipulated in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for guide/driver/hotel staff
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/medical insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘GoExplore Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘GoExplore Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Meet and greet your guide at Entebbe International Airport and transfer to explorer hub Hotel Entebbe for an overnight stay on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
Overnight at Hotel Entebbe (BB)
After your morning breakfast, meet and greet your guide at the hotel, before a picturesque journey south west of Kampala to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. En route stopover at the Equator for photographs then continue, passing through the savannah grass land with the long horned Ankole cows grazing along the road. Stop over for lunch at Mbarara town and then descend to the beautiful Kigezi hills commonly known as the ‘Switzerland of Africa’. Have plenty of rest as you prepare for an adventurous gorilla tracking activity the next day.
Overnight at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge (FB)
After breakfast, your guide will ensure packed lunches and necessary equipment are on board before taking you to the park headquarters for briefing, orientation and meeting site guides. You will then be separated into groups depending on the gorilla group allocated to track. The guide will lead you through the gorilla trails in the impenetrable rain forests of Bwindi in the quest to see gorillas until the gorillas are tracked. You will be given one hour to take photos, interact with these giant and gentle apes and ask the guide any questions about this incredibly rewarding experience. After tracking you may conduct a community walk that involves visiting the native Batwa community for a cultural experience coupled with entertainment, another experience that will give you a true taste of the local African culture.
Overnight at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge (FB)
After breakfast, you will be transferred back to Kampala. En route enjoy the beautiful journey through the Kigezi hills and see the local communities on the uplands. You will have a stopover in Mbarara municipality for lunch before you proceed to Kampala. Upon arrive you will be transfer to Entebbe International Airport for your onward flight.