- 1 Days from$85 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Do you ever want to get out of all the hustle and bustle of the city for a day while doing something exciting? If so, this this cycling day trip is just what you need. Explore Uganda’s Lake Victoria Peninsula, gain an insight into the lives of the people that live there, the lush green scenery, and enjoy the fresh, cool breeze from Lake Victoria, all on the comfort of your bike. The day starts with a boat trip across the lake to a landing site where the adventure starts. Over the next 3-4 hours, we cover about 20-25 km (the short ride is 25 km, the longer one is 35 km) exploring the stunning Lake Victoria Peninsula along single-track dirt roads. Stop along the way to catch your breath, fuel up with food and take photographs.
- Safari types:Cycle Safari, Guided Safari
- You will visit:Lake Victoria
- Activities:Boat Cruise, Bicycle
- Getting around:Motor Boat, Bicycle
- Start/end:Start in Kampala, end in Kampala
- Minimum age:5
- Ride across Lake Victoria Peninsula
- Travel through small local villages
- Take a boat cruise on Lake Victoria
- Enjoy the faces of the welcoming people
You should carry the following: Sun cream, raincoat, money
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 99 for 1 person
From USD 85 per person for 2 people
From USD 70 per person for 3+ people
- Mountain bike and helmet
- English speaking guide
- Boat transfer
- Soft drink
- Meals and alcoholic drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off (can be arranged on request)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dark Hills Trails‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dark Hills Trails‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day Trip Overview
After a filling breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala and transferred to the starting point of our ride, Beach House Gardens in Ggaba at 8 am (next to Kampala University).
As we cross the lake in a local boat take in the superb views. We land at the Buule landing site, where the real thrilling adventure starts. For the next 3-4 hours, we cover about 20-25 km exploring the breathtakingly beautiful Lake Victoria Peninsula through single-track dirt roads. There are always plenty of opportunities in between to catch a breath, grab a bite or simply take a selfie.
There are 2 options: a short ride of 25 km & a long ride of 35km.