- 13 Days from$3769 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This is an amazing holiday seeing the very best of this incredible country, from the once-in-a-lifetime experience of tracking gorilla to adrenalin-pumping white water rafting, with a wealth of wildlife to spot in between. Uganda is a land of contrasts. In half a day you can drive from mist-shrouded volcanic mountains to hot hazy savannah, dappled with wildlife. Serene undulating hills of tea plantations, lush but ordered, give way to tangled jungle and rainforest with the musical accompaniment of chaotic, cacophonous birdlife. Snow-capped peaks, tropical, sandy, freshwater beaches, and smiling faces everywhere – a feast for all the senses! Let us show you the Uganda we know and love.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, Kibale National Park, Murchison
- Wildlife:elephant, kob, chimpanzees
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise, Quad Bike
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe, end in Entebbe
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 3,769 per person sharing a double/twin room, based on 6 people
Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking is subject to availability of permits, which are limited to 8 per gorilla group per day and 6 per chimpanzee track per ½ day
- Any Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits required need to be paid for upfront when booking. As soon as funds clear in our account, we will go ahead and purchase
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits cannot be held with the Uganda Wildlife Authority in advance of payment – they are only secured once physically paid for
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits are always 100% non-transferable and non-refundable
We try to make our prices as all-inclusive as possible so that our clients do not need to reach for their wallets. Where there are overland sectors, the 4×4 vehicles and safari guide will be at the client’s exclusive use. The guide will accompany clients on all overland sectors, assist with check-in at accommodation and share his knowledge on the flora and fauna of Uganda and Rwanda.
- All meals as per itinerary (hotels in Kampala or Entebbe are B&B)
- Drinks as per itinerary
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Water in the vehicle for overland sectors
- All ground transportation and transfers as indicated, inclusive of fuel
- Activities as per itinerary
- Game drives in a shared 4-wheel drive vehicle at lodges where indicated
- Ranger guide fees
- Park, conservation and community bed night fees
- All applicable taxes, administration and banking fees
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits per person as per itinerary
- International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (Visa: US$ 50 per person for entry into Uganda, easily obtainable at the airport)
- Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
- Drinks where not stipulated in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for guide/driver/hotel staff
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/medical insurance
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘GoExplore Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘GoExplore Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On arrival to Entebbe International Airport, you will be met by our tour representative who will transfer you to Airport Guesthouse for an overnight stay (B&B).
Your safari guide will meet you at your hotel before a panoramic drive to Murchison Falls National Park. You will stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary where you will have a rhino tracking experience and may also encounter different bird species. You proceed to Masindi town for lunch and then enter the park later in the evening. Go for an evening top of the falls hike, a hiking experience which is rewarding with beautiful scenery, landscape and the dramatic Nile. Dinner and overnight at Fort Murchison.
You will wake up early in the morning for a game drive in the park before having breakfast. Your safari guide will point out the wildlife found in this park and give you the opportunity to take photographs. Enjoy a bush breakfast during the game drive. Later in the afternoon after lunch, you will go for an amazing boat cruise that takes you up to the bottom of Murchison Falls, pass a variety of animal and bird species. Dinner and overnight at Fort Murchison.
Today you will be transferred to Kibale Forest National Park. This park has the highest concentration of primates, more than any other park in Africa. It’s also home to man’s closest relatives, the chimpanzee, as well as other primate species, a wealth of bird species and other wildlife. You will have a stopover at Fort Portal town for lunch before proceeding for dinner and an overnight stay at Kibale Forest Camp (Full Board).
After breakfast, your safari guide will transfer you to Kanyanchu Tourist Centre for a briefing and orientation by the rangers before setting off on the chimpanzee tracking experience. Along the way you may also encounter other primate species, as well as much birdlife. Later in the afternoon, you will be transferred to Tinka’s Homestead for an African lunch before going on a swamp walk at Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary. During the walk, look out for birds including the rare papyrus gonolek, as well as other primates and wildlife. Later in the evening, you will return for dinner and an overnight stay at Kibale Forest Camp (Full Board).
This day you will be transferred to Queen Elizabeth National Park, one of Uganda’s popular tourism destinations and national parks, entering the park via its northern crater area. You will have a sunset game drive in the park before returning for dinner and an overnight stay at Kasenyi Safari Camp (Full Board).
You will wake up early in the morning and meet your safari guide, who will be ready to take you for a game drive in the park, which is blessed with an abundance of wildlife. Later in the afternoon, you will have lunch at the lodge and proceed for a boat cruise on the Kazinga channel, spotting animals and birds along the way. Dinner and an overnight stay at Kasenyi Safari Camp.
This morning you will be transferred to the home of the rare mountain gorillas, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. You will pass via the Ishasha sector to hopefully see the tree climbing lions that reside in this remote woodland sector located at the southern end of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Other animals that may be spotted include elephant, Uganda kob and buffalo. At Bwindi, you will have dinner and an overnight stay at Silverback Lodge (Full Board).
After your breakfast and equipped with your packed lunch, your safari guide will transfer you to the park headquarters for briefing and orientation before setting off for the gorilla tracking experience. You will be separated into groups depending on the gorilla tracking family you have been allocated to track. The rangers will lead you through the gorilla paths in the thick Bwindi forest. Once you meet the gorillas, you will be given one-hour for interaction and to take photos and videos. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Later in the evening, time permitting, you may take a community walk to visit the Native Batwacommunity for a cultural experience. Dinner and an overnight stay at Silverback Lodge (Full Board).
After your breakfast, you set off from Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for Jinja. You will have a stopover at Mbarara town for lunch before continuing to the Rainforest Lodge later in the evening for dinner and an overnight.
Today you will be transferred to Bujagali waterfall for another adventurous activity. Upon arrival, you will meet with the guides before starting your white water rafting experience, one of the most memorable adventurous activities, at the source of the Nile. You will have a lunch break before rafting in the afternoon. Dinner and an overnight stay at the Rainforest Lodge (Full Board).
After breakfast you will have a forest walk in Mabira forest, where you may encounter different bird species. Your walking guide will narrate some interesting stories about the forest and its inhabitants. Later in the afternoon, you will proceed for a quad biking activity at Jinja town. Dinner and overnight at the Rainforest Lodge (Full Board).
This day you will return to Kampala where you will be transferred to Entebbe for your international flight.