3 Days from$850 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
This short but sweet Tanzania safari explores Tarangire National Park with its huge elephant herds, the diverse landscapes and tree-climbing lions of Lake Manyara National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater, a collapsed volcano home to a multitude of wildlife. You stay in two campsites, one with magnificent views of the Ngorongoro caldera below.
Safari types:Camping Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Arusha (or Moshi)
- Tarangire National Park – Game drive
- African Rift Valley – Viewpoint
- Ngorongoro Crater – Game drive
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 850 per person
From USD 65 single supplement
Min number to guarantee tour: 2 pax
Max number of participants: 7 pax per vehicle (window seat guaranteed)
- Lodge safari according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Overnight accommodation according to the itinerary
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- A bottle of wine every day
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Shika Tours and Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Shika Tours and Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After a short safari briefing in the morning, you will travel southwest towards the Tarangire National Park. The park has a diversity of landscapes including grass, acacia woodlands and forests and it is especially popular for its huge elephant herds and animals gathering at the river and swamps. Wildlife ranges from yellow-breasted lovebirds to kudu, buffalo, giraffe, zebra and impala. Predators include lion, leopard and hyena, while wild dogs are rare. In the late afternoon, you will leave the park to travel to a nearby campsite, where you will spend the night in tents.
Campsite: Lunch, Dinner
After breakfast, you will leave the area around Tarangire National Park and drive via the town of Mto wa Mbu to the Lake Manyara National Park. This park with its shallow alkaline lake stretches along the base of the Rift Valley Escarpment. Lake Manyara attracts thousands of birds, including huge flocks of flamingos. Other animals in the park include buffalo, elephant, hippo and Masai giraffe as well as troops of boisterous baboons and monkeys in the forests. The park is famous for its tree climbing lions and if you are lucky to spot them you will be amused by the site of these animals lounging on branches in the acacia trees. After a game drive in the park you will ascend to the Ngorongoro highlands, where you will overnight on a campsite situated on the crater’s edge with magnificent views of the caldera below.
Campsite: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Rise and shine! After an early breakfast at your campsite, you will travel down a precipitous trail into the crater. Its grass plains and acacia forests are home to almost all the species of animals found in the East African savannah. In only a few hours you might see all of the Big Five – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. After an extensive game drive and a picnic lunch inside the crater, you will leave the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and travel to Arusha (or Moshi).